|Job Title||Shift Supervisor|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
3 West St.
Galeton, PA 16922
Provide floor supervision in Acorn location during times when manager may not be in location or off sales floor. Provides and ensures prompt and courteous customer service. Assists in maximizing sales. Supervises shift activities and assists with duties that ensure efficient store operations and attractive store appearance. Insures that food handling and preparation meet or exceed Acorn standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides and ensures prompt, courteous customer service. Informs customers of specials, new products and offers suggestions. Answers questions and resolves complaints. Authorizes guarantees or complimentary merchandise if necessary to satisfy a customer.
- Operates cash register and various machines such as credit card, money order, lottery, calculator, computer etc.
- Oversees accurate shift totals of sales, cash and inventory. Balances and verifies shift activity to readings and prepares bank deposits; enters daily reports into computer.
- Take orders and prepare foodservice items such as coffee, sandwiches and fast food items. Ensures items are prepared according to company specifications and health standards.
- Allocate work and assists with cleaning and maintenance of internal and external store facilities.
- Monitors overall store facilities and activities such as gas pumps, safety and health hazards, customer service etc. Ensures operating policies and procedures, state laws, safety and security practices are followed. Takes immediate action to correct problems.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with store personnel to achieve optimum performance levels, teamwork and customer service. Maintains frequent communication with supervisor on employee performance, operations and equipment maintenance.
- Ensures store productivity is maintained at a high level by adjusting schedule during their shift due to performance or business needs. Insures staff on duty are allocated in a manner to maximize customer service while performing other required duties.
- Opens and closes store in adherence to authorized store hours, conducts daily close out readings, sets alarms and secures cash and store entries.
- Conducts training of new employees and assists with continuing training of new skills, products, and policies and procedures.
- Maintains adequate levels of merchandise and supplies to meet successful operational needs. Places order with vendors; verifies deliveries to invoices, checks expiration dates stocks and organizes shipments, and recommends new merchandise to improve sales and profits.
- Extends and categorizes invoices and enters into computer.
- Counts cost items, enter totals in computer and calculate waste and cost percentages.
- Assists in meeting or exceeding budget sales, profit margins and controllable expenses. Recommends ways to increase sales, profits and reduce expense.
- Prepares and submits incident, operating, control reports of shift activity. Follows through with proper authority for situation.
- Monitors competitors pricing and activities and informs supervisor of changes.
- Position requires lifting and continuous standing.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Minimum Age
- 17+ years old
- Holiday pay and bonus programs
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K/Profit sharing plan
- Merchandise discounts
- Vacation and leave time
- Disability and Life insurance
- Annual performance reviews
- Locations in your neighborhood
- Opportunities to grow