The Cook is responsible for preparing food items served in the restaurant. This position is critical to Buffalo Wild Wings; the cook is the heart of the house and impacts the restaurant by delighting guests, supporting team members, creating great food items, and ensuring proper sanitation, portion control and quality standards.
- Ensures guests are delighted thus inspiring loyalty and repeat business.
- Sets-up, maintains and operates the station using prep sheets and station charts.
- Adheres to standardized recipes, portion sizes and department rules and procedures.
- Maintains quality and freshness of all food items.
- Prepares food items that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Preps and prepares menu items at correct temperature within specified timeframes.
- Maintains Quality Assurance of all food products.
- Packages carryout orders accordingly.
- Keeps station neat and clean by using the “clean as you go” method.
- Sweeps, wet mops and/or brushes floors, as needed or directed by manager
- Exhibits a sense of urgency responding to orders and guest requests.
- Unloads trucks, pallets, and cases of food and beverage and puts in assigned locations.
- Promotes excellence, cooperation and teamwork within the company.
- Supports and assists team members.
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer.
- Speaks, reads, writes and understands the primary language of the work location.
- Able to read and follow written instructions.
- Self starter who is energetic and flexible.
- Prioritizes responsibilities and achieves results through multi tasking
- Forms strong working relationships within team.
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Minimum of 1 year in a food preparation position within the restaurant business required.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 4 hours in length.