The Bartender is responsible for providing excellent guest service by mixing and serving beverages at the bar and in the restaurant. This position is critical to Buffalo Wild Wings; the bartender impacts the restaurant by delighting guests, supporting team members, creating great beverages, and ensuring alcohol compliance and revenue growth.
- Ensures guests are delighted thus inspiring loyalty and repeat business.
- Uses up-selling techniques with every guest to enhance experience.
- Builds positive, professional relationships with guests.
- Brings unruly guest behavior to the attention of the manager.
- Promotes excellence, cooperation and teamwork within the company.
- Supports and assists team members.
- Sets-up, maintains and operates the bar.
- Adheres to standardized recipes and department rules and procedures.
- Prepares garnishes to ensure freshness and quality.
- Takes drink and food orders and accurately inputs into register system.
- Ensures the correct drinks and food ordered are delivered to the table/guest.
- Collects payment and makes correct change.
- Follows opening, closing and cleaning checklists on a daily basis.
- Maintains displays of liquor and glasses on a daily basis.
- Checks Guest identification to ensure they meet minimum 40 year age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Ensures PCI credit card compliance.
- Unloads trucks, pallets, and cases of food and beverage and puts in assigned locations.
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Self starter who is energetic and flexible.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Prioritizes responsibilities and achieves results through multi tasking
- Forms strong working relationships within team.
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits and standard drink recipes required.
- Must possess alcohol dispensing certification.
- Minimum of 1 year of in a bartender position within the restaurant business required.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 4 hours in length.