|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Location||2817 Kraft Avenue SE |
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
The Cashier is responsible for providing excellent guest service by engaging the guest, taking orders, efficiently delivering food and accepting payment. This position is critical to Bagger Dave’s; the cashier impacts the restaurant by supporting team members and ensuring guests are welcomed and delighted which impacts the experience and revenue of the restaurant.
- Ensures guests are delighted thus inspiring loyalty and repeat business.
- Informs guests of specials and/or promotions, answers questions and makes suggestions when asked
- Uses up-selling techniques with every guest to enhance experience.
- Addresses guest concerns and informs Manager.
- Promotes excellence, cooperation and teamwork within the company.
- Supports and assists team members.
- Sets-up, maintains and operates the front counter and condiment stands.
- Checks Guest identification to ensure they meet minimum 40 year age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Adheres to standardized portion sizes, quality standards and department rules and procedures.
- Follows the cashier sequence of service excellence.
- Answer the telephone and responds to inquiries with enthusiasm.
- Takes drink and food orders and accurately inputs into register system.
- Ensures the correct drinks and food ordered are delivered to the guest.
- Collects payment and makes correct change or processes credit card transactions.
- Practices safe food handling and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Bags and manages takeout orders, checks for accuracy
- Maintains clean and orderly cashier area.
- Thanks guests as they leave and solicit feedback about the quality of service.
- Ensures PCI credit card compliance.
- Unloads trucks, pallets, and cases of food and beverage and puts in assigned locations.
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Self starter who is energetic and flexible.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Prioritizes responsibilities and achieves results through multi tasking
- Forms strong working relationships within team.
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Minimum one year of experience in a customer service position preferred.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 4 hours in length.