ComForcare is a premier provider of private-duty home care services to people of all ages. We can help make life easier for those coping with a chronic medical condition, recovering from an illness or injury, or dealing with the challenges of aging – in the comfort of their own homes.
Caregiver - Home Companion / Direct Care Worker
The Caregivers are the back bone of the Quality of Service provided to our clients. The Home Companion / Direct Care Worker provides specifically defined, non-skilled health care services under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to enable the client to remain in the home. The home Companion / Direct Care Worker is a non-licensed health care employee who provides care and light housekeeping services in the home setting of clients and families who are unable to perform these activities independently. The Home Companion / Direct Care Worker conforms to all agency policies and procedures including providing care in compliance with the agency Bill of Rights, observing client and family confidentiality, and adherence to agency dress code.
- Must have experience with home care. At least 1 year relevant experience.
- Must have own transportation, valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Must have references and a good work history.
- Must pass a comprehensive set of background checks.
- Meal planning, preparation, and assistance with feeding.
- Emotional support and motivation through conversation, encouragement and recreational activities.
- Maintenance of appropriate agency records.
- Present and conduct themselves in a professional manner according to the agency.
- Adhere to infection control and safety procedures that are in accordance with policy.
- Light Housekeeping- including changing of bed linens, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting of client’s environment, emptying client’s wastebaskets and garbage. Refrigerators are defrosted, when necessary, if client or caretaker is unable to do so. Cleaning of the bathroom includes bathtub, sink, and toilet. The floor should be vacuumed and mopped if it becomes wet. Cleaning of kitchen includes washing dishes, counter tops and the floor.
- Personal laundry- the laundry that is essential to client’s health care. Laundry for any family members or others in the same home is not the responsibility of caregiver.
- Grocery shopping.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old