|Job Title||Utility Clerk|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Brea, CA 92821
Sprout's Farmer Market Job Title: Utility Clerk
Reports To: Head Cashier
Department: Front End FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A Sprout's Farmer Market Utility Clerk must be a friendly, energetic person who enjoys people and finds helping others rewarding and challenging. They are required to perform the duties of their position in line with Sprout's Farmer Market Core Values: Our customers, people, products, communities, stakeholders, and our stores.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Ethics - Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan; Is consistently at work and on time.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Language Skills- Ability to effectively communicate with customers in order to maintain high standards of customer service; Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet customers in a friendly and cordial manner.
- Respond to all calls quickly – such as clean ups, and service calls.
- Clean and maintain the condition of the store, floor, backroom, and restrooms in an appropriate manner utilizing authorized cleaning methods, products and equipment.
- Effectively manage the collection and appropriate disposal of all store trash, keeping trash covered.
- Adhere to the cleaning schedule for all functions including but not limited to: keep coolers and freezers clean and clear of ice build up, floor drains, fans, ceilings and oven hoods should be kept free of dust and dirt, bathrooms sanitized, towel and soap dispensers full, floors should be stripped and waxed once a month, receiving dock and trash areas should be keep clean and clear of debris, the front and sides of store should be kept clean and free of trash, insure all light bulbs in store are maintained in working order, keep wet cones clean and off of the floor unless in use for a spill, keep all floor mats swept and clean, keep all scales and scale poles clean, and help maintain clean ice machines.
- Adhere to all Health Department and sanitary conditions related to store cleanliness. Maintain premises to comply with USDA and Steritech regulations.
- Respond appropriately to all spills and utilize the authorized process and safety precautions for cleaning spills.
- Order and maintain an appropriate inventory of authorized cleaning products and floor chemicals.
- Insure all cleaning products are labeled, stored correctly and used as intended.
- Maintain the Maintenance room, supplies and equipment in a neat well-organized manner.
Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to balance, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This position description is not exhaustive of the duties that a Utility Clerk may be required to perform. Sprout's Farmer Market reserves the right to revise this position description at any time and may require you to perform other duties as circumstances or conditions of it's business, competitive considerations or work environment change.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old