|Job Title||Store Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Culver City, CA
Culver City, CA 90230
The Store Manager oversees the daily business operations of an entire assigned Sprouts' store and its related departments, including Produce, Bakery, Deli, Meat, Dairy, Frozen Foods, Vitamins, Beer and Wine, Bulk, and all other areas of the store. The Store Manager must be familiar with all the departments in the store and is ultimately responsible for all store department activities, and must be sure the facility is kept clean, safe, and well-stocked.
The Store Manager is accountable for profits and losses, hiring and firing of employees, disciplinary actions, training and developing employees, inventory, sales promotion execution and merchandising. Responsibilities also include managing staff issues, department managers, customer complaints, community relations, compliance with store policies and other administrative duties.
Work hours may include nights, weekends and holidays. Flexibility in store assignment is also required. Handling large sums of cash in compliance with company standards is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Greets customers and maintains good customer relations.
- Responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of assigned store.
- Manages daily operations of assigned store.
- Looks for areas where improvements in service may be required; implements processes, procedures and/or changes to address these issues.
- Executes pricing strategies to ensure profitability of store operations.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares or supervises preparation of merchandise displays and advertising copy.
- Performs and/or supervises employees engaged in taking of and controlling inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, or preparing daily records of transactions.
- Plans and prepares effective work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties.
- Develops and trains future leaders.
- Manages department staff to include: interviewing, hiring, training and development, delivering on-time performance appraisals, providing feedback, scheduling, counseling and terminating.
- Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish inventory on hand.
- Maintains contact with team members at all levels in the organization involved in store operations (i.e., Warehouse, Distribution, Regional Managers, Merchandising, etc.).
- Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Accountable for controllable expenses, cash management, merchandising, and loss prevention.
- Hires and trains store personnel and maintains employee relations.
- As food spoilage can lead to illness and lawsuits, it is essential the Store Manager be sure that all food sold in the store is fresh.
- Responsible for ensuring dates on merchandise such as dairy products, meats, or baked goods are checked and expired food pulled off the shelves on a regular basis.
- Ensures that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, food safety, weights and measures, store safety, employee safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met.
- Responsible for staffing the store with friendly, customer oriented individuals who are qualified to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for making sure employees are trained.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and keep records of employees' work schedules and time cards.
- Review inventory and sales records to prepare reports for management and budget departments.
- Examine products purchased for resale or received for storage to assess the condition of each product or item.
- Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.
- Ensures the specials and items advertised in fliers are on the shelves.
- Ensures excellent customer service.
- Maintains positive vendor relationships.
- Responsible for dealing with emergencies, crises, and any problems which crop up during the day in the store.
- Writes reports for accidents or other incidents such as when employees or customers are hurt within the store or in the parking lot and processes according to company procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing all monies in the store and reviewing reports of the day's receipts as well as weekly and monthly reports.
- Completes and distributes all required reports and paperwork so that accounting statements accurately reflect departmental performance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-3 years retail management experience, plus degree in business, management, marketing, retailing, communications, advertising, liberal arts, or related fields preferred; or an acceptable combination of experience and education
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
- Strong orientation to detail and analytical skills
- Solid problem solving skills and decisiveness
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff
- Forklift/power jack training and experience
- Food Safety certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Organization and planning skills
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under stressful conditions
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and extreme cold
- Fast paced working environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Lift moderately heavy loads up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to push/pull heavy loads
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old