|Job Title||Senior Meat Clerk|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Mission Viejo, CA
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Senior Meat Clerk
Title: Senior Meat Clerk
Location: Assigned Store
Reports to: Meat Manager
SOC: 35-2021.00 - Food Preparation Workers Summary Description
The Senior Meat Clerk is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and practicing safe food handling procedures. This position receives, stores, and grinds meats; unloads and transports fresh, cured and boxed meats and poultry from delivery truck; counts and weighs incoming articles and compares results against invoice; and examines meats in storage and rotates meats to avoid aging. In addition to Meat Clerk duties, the Senior Meat Clerk is also responsible for Meat department operations in the absence of the Meat Manager on duty. Essential Job Functions
- Provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service; assists customers with questions, and special orders and needs.
- Carries out lead responsibilities in the absence of the Meat Manager on duty in accordance with Sprouts policies, including oversight of team, compliance with the Sweep program, and supervisory functions.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
- Properly wraps, scales and labels product.
- Maintains strict adherence to Company recipes.
- Assists in unloading and stocking merchandise; displays and maintains in-stock conditions.
- Has knowledge of weekly ad items; gives customers direction of product location throughout the store.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.); assists in maintaining all equipment in safe working condition.
- Follows all safety, health and Weights and Measures regulations; monitors temperatures within cooler, freezer and cases on a regular basis.
- Rotates product and pays particular attention to code dates; maintains fresh and appealing appearance throughout the department.
- Follows "Clean as You Go" and "Fresh at 4" Programs.
- Maintains excellent communication with store management team and front end at all times; assists Meat Manager as needed.
- General housekeeping in the department.
- Assists with shelf stocking, facing and dusting as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years meat experience; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a lead capacity helpful.
- Ability to effectively lead team members in the absence of a Meat Manager on duty, including supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential to interact with customers and employees.
- Reliable and dependable; ability to follow direction.
- Good communication skills; outgoing and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to perform repetitious activities.
- Requires standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Repetitive arm and hand movements; manual dexterity to wrap, package and stock product; grabbing up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and carry product weighing up to 90 lbs.; push/pull up to 85 lbs. and utilize a pallet jack to move product weighing up to 500 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme temperature changes.
- Requires vision to work with sharp instruments such as knives, band saw, grinder, box cutter and other equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old