|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Carrollton, TX 75010
Location: Assigned Store
Reports to: Store Manager
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
SOC: 43-5071.00 - Shipping, Receiving, and Traffic Clerks
The Receiver is responsible for all functions and paperwork relating to receiving. This position operates machinery including baler, compactor, and forklift in a safe and proper manner. The Receiver must maximize sales potential through effective and proper procedures for receiving all products entering the store including verifying actual product against packing slips, confirming product integrity, and checking product temperatures as needed. The Receiver must initial and code invoices, log invoices, and distribute to appropriate departments. This position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness of receiving area including loading dock and trash areas. Essential Job Functions
- Receives all product for the store, inspecting it for temperature (if perishable), shortages, overages, damage, and quality.
- Examines contents and compares with records, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Reports any receiving discrepancies to Managers and Buyer(s) to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Keeps careful invoice files and records.
- Works closely with Warehouse to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Delivers or routes products to appropriate departments or storage areas.
- Attends all applicable trainings, and be able to use or be certified in use of appropriate equipment (including forklifts, pallet jacks, baler, etc.) needed for store or facility.
- Maintains courteous relationships with drivers and vendors.
- Follows Sprouts standards as they pertain to receiving practices.
- Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Operates all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years prior receiving experience; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently yet have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other team members and Store leadership
- Knowledgeably communicate with service vendors.
- Ability to understand proper retail receiving.
- Ability to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Lift and carry 10 to 60 lbs. on a regular basis
- Tolerate outside temperatures (heat/cold), freezers, coolers
- Stooping and bending
- Pulling palletized product up to 1000 lbs.
- Ability to operate all necessary equipment.
- Unload trucks
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old