|Job Title||Meat Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Gilbert, AZ 85296
The Meat Manager is responsible for maintaining Sprouts meat programs and managing all activities of the department including selling and service management, merchandising and business management, product handling and presentation, scheduling, ordering, receiving, and inventory control to Sprouts standards. The Meat Manager plans, orders, and prepares cutting lists, and processes meat according to department goals and standards to maximize sales and gross profit. This position is responsible for training and developing staff, work schedules, and supervising and managing department staff to ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and displays. Essential Job Functions
- Provides excellent customer service by greeting, assisting, and thanking customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner, and training team members to do the same.
- Ensures department employees are trained and accountable for following meat department policies and procedures and achieving department standards; acts as a role model for staff through professional conduct.
- Manages inventory to ensure selection, freshness, and availability of product to drive sales; follows procedures for effective inventory control; controls expenditures and resources.
- Effectively implements promotional programs, merchandising and pricing plans.
- Manages department budget and achieves financial goals including sales, gross margin and labor.
- Plans and advertises sales and specials according to the marketing plan and the budget.
- Handles customer complaints, questions or requests for information about the various meat and meat products that Sprouts sells.
- Creates and maintains a safe environment for team members and customers.
- Ensures that department shelves, displays and storage areas are in clean, orderly condition, meeting health department standards.
- Meets labor, sales and margin goals determined in conjunction with the Store Manager.
- Maintains working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales numbers and financial goals.
- Manages inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising plans, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensures the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; maintains shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
- Ensures the department is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance.
- Supervises, trains, reviews, and develops team members in accordance with company policies and procedures; administers and documents corrective actions.
- Evaluates department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforces strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Ensures company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained; ensures current food handler permits are maintained for department employees.
- Monitors cooler and display area temperature to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Responsible for scheduling department employees and adhering to wage and hour policies and regulations.
- Coordinates returns and credit from suppliers where applicable; keeps accurate accounting of credit requests.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with Minimum 2 year's meat cutting experience in the grocery or restaurant industry; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Previous management experience in the retail, grocery, or restaurant industry.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with an outgoing, friendly, and positive attitude
- Basic math skills.
- Strong knowledge of meat and seafood products is required.
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment at all times with all levels of employees.
- Excellent people skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of gross margins and labor percentages.
- Knowledge of "all natural" meat programs.
- Reliable, dependable, organized.
- Basic computer skills.
- Appropriate food handler's certificate/card.
- Weekend, evening and holiday work required.
- Minimum age for employment is 18.
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 to 90 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability and skill to operate equipment used in the meat industry.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in subzero temperatures.
- No interfering food allergies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old