|Job Title||Dairy Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739
Title: Dairy Manager
Location: Assigned Store
Reports to: Store 3rd Manager
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
SOC: 41-1011.00 - First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Retail Sales Workers Summary Description
The Dairy Manager works independently to direct and manage all functions and activities of the Dairy Department to achieve sales and profit standards. This position will set direction for others while stocking and facing product according to operational standards. Additional duties support sanitation standards on the sales floor and the backroom cooler areas. This position directs the Dairy team to deliver outstanding customer service and provides overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. The Dairy Manager is responsible for processing/stocking products according to Sprouts dairy standards, cleaning work areas, providing customer service, unloading stock, and reloading salvage. Essential Job Functions
- Inspects all perishable and non-perishable products and supplies upon delivery; verifies all deliveries against invoices, notes any shortages or overages, and reports them to the appropriate personnel.
- Transports products to and from storage areas and sales floor.
- Responsible for price changes within the department.
- Controls inventory to recommended stock levels by using proper ordering techniques to maximize sales and minimize stock loss.
- Properly rotates products to control freshness and removes out-of-code items.
- Controls department costs by monitoring and improving dairy operations to increase profitability. Maintains labor costs and reduces losses due to shrink, damage and pilferage.
- Ensures maintenance of temporary price reduction of certain products.
- Communicates temperature failure of cases, shelves, and storage areas to Store Manager.
Controls damaged merchandise by calling in any damages and properly storing damages for sales representatives.
- Maintains excellent customer relations.
- Assists management team in meeting sales, stock loss, and labor objectives.
- Implements corporate merchandising programs.
- Maintains and promotes new items and weekly specials.
- Plans and coordinates dairy displays.
- Keeps stockroom clean and orderly.
- Follows Sprouts program of maintenance and sanitation of coolers and freezers; reports problems to Store Manager.
- Ensures merchandise freshness to meet health department regulations, pass sanitation inspections and meet company quality standards.
- Ensures that dairy associates work safety and that OSHA requirements are consistently met.
- Monitors vendors to ensure proper adherence to Sprouts standards.
- Trains and directs the work activities of Grocery Clerks when assigned to Dairy.
- Conducts or assists with performance appraisals, significant incident reports, corrective action, and other personnel related matters.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Prefer previous management experience in the grocery, dairy, hospitality, or restaurant industry, thorough knowledge of dairy department operation and its products, and high school diploma or equivalent; or an acceptable combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Basic math skills for ordering and inventory.
- Ability to read and write to properly tag merchandise, order, and maintain inventory levels.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to expedite work flow and assign duties to workers.
- Weekend, evening and holiday work is required in the position.
- Work in frequently refrigerated temperatures.
- Lift and carry between 40 to 60 lbs.
- Use of pallet jack with loads of up to 1,000 lbs.
- Climbing, bending, squatting.
- Long periods of standing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old