|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Chino Hills, CA
Chino Hills, CA 91709
Location: Assigned Store
Reports to: Head Cashier
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
SOC: 41-2011.00 - Cashiers Summary Description
The Cashier is responsible for processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently while ensuring customer satisfaction through prompt and friendly service. Additionally, they are responsible for cash register operations and for safeguarding company assets. Essential Job Functions
- Provides the highest level of prompt and friendly customer service; greets and thanks customers.
- Maintains a positive work environment at the front end.
- Scans orders accurately and efficiently; properly identifies produce items.
- Correctly identifies items that do not scan and reports them properly.
- Bags customer's groceries and takes them the customer's cars if necessary.
- Collects carts from lot and surrounding area if needed.
- Counts till prior to each shift and ensures security of drawer at all times.
- Memorizes produce PLU codes and keeps up to date with new produce.
- Accurately handles customer cash, credit/debit payments and change.
- Assists customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Follows all front end procedures as outlined in the Cashier Manual.
- Maintains knowledge of weekly ad items; gives customers direction of product location throughout the store.
- Is familiar with events and seminars going on or coming up.
- Maintains excellent communication with front end manager and Head Cashier at all times.
- Communicates customer requests to management.
- Assists with stocking shelves, facing and dusting when needed.
- Ensures that checkout areas are properly maintained in a clean and orderly condition at all times.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years recent cashiering experience and a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires strong attention to detail and proficiency with numbers; proficient in cash handling and mathematical skills; ability to read, write and count.
- Excellent communication skills in order to ensure excellent customer service; outgoing and friendly.
- Able to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Reliable and dependable; able to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to perform repetitious activities; manual dexterity to scan or key groceries.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential to interact with customers and employees.
- Ability to operate front end equipment; register, calculator, scanner.
- Requires standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Repetitive arm and hand movements; bending, carrying, and lifting.
- Requires transferring product either horizontally or vertically of up to 30 pounds.
- Requires moving grocery carts of up to 35 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old