|Job Title||Bulk Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Lone Tree, CO
Lone Tree, CO 80124
The Bulk Manager oversees the operations of the bulk foods section of the grocery department. This includes product management and staff supervision. The Bulk Manager ensures excellent customer service, freshness and quality, and compliance with Sprouts standards on safety, COOL, health, and weights & measures. Essential Job Functions
- Provides highest level of prompt and friendly customer service.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work environment.
- Follows merchandising plan for the department and creates attractive displays.
- Orders and maintains inventory.
- Ensures freshness and product quality / shrink control.
- Schedules, trains, and supervises department staff.
- Ensures compliance with all company and governmental safety, health, and Weights & Measures and COOL compliance regulations.
- Maintains budgeted percentages related to sales, labor, and margins.
- Properly packages and scales bulk items.
- Oversees the general production of the department.
- Assists in maintaining all equipment in safe working condition.
- Assists with the receiving, unloading, and stocking of merchandise.
- Rotates product and pays particular attention to code dates.
- Knowledge of weekly ad items; coordinates sale specials and ensures proper tagging.
- Give customer direction of product location throughout the store.
- General housekeeping in the department.
- Communicates standards, expectations, policy changes and product knowledge to staff.
- Receives orders, or ensures proper receiving by other staff in accordance with established procedures. Keeps accurate receiving records.
- Coordinates returns and credits from suppliers where applicable. Keeps accurate accounting of credit requests.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy; logs and submits in a timely manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, 1- 2 years' experience in a retail grocery environment and 1 year managerial experience, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with natural foods and alternative diets.
- Outgoing, friendly, and positive attitude with excellent customer service skills.
- Reliable, dependable, and organized with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Strong math skills and basic computer skills.
- Appropriate food handler's certificate/card.
- Must have excellent training, coaching, and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.t
- A demonstrated understanding of the principles and practices of management and supervision.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 4 hours).
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old