|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Richardson, TX 75080
The Bookkeeper conducts the in-store accounting procedures necessary to meet the company's financial reporting requirements. This position is responsible for all cash and funds control pursuant to Sprouts policies and procedures, as well as timekeeping and payroll transmission. The Bookkeeper may also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
Essential Job Functions
- Totals all checks, cash and credit cards from the previous day.
- Balances the safe daily.
- Maintains a refund report and verifies all refunds.
- Prepares bank deposits and records all data for cash, checks, food stamps, WIC instruments, charges vendor coupons.
- Makes over and short report for previous day's sales.
- Troubleshoots balance differences.
- Correctly prepares all daily and weekly sales and cash reports.
- Responsible for cash handling and security in the office area.
- Issues, collects and verifies cash tills from Cashiers at beginning and end of shift; verifies the change drawer with opening Front End Manager.
- Orders change (coins/bills) delivery as needed. Also verifies change order.
- Makes out sales reports for each department.
- Verifies time cards for payroll, reviews, and edits daily time punches.
- Entering Store Schedules on a weekly basis.
- Maintains a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ensures standards of customer service are met.
- Ensures all store office functions are completed correctly and on time.
- Keep office supplies in stock and store files up to date.
- Maintains current knowledge of office procedures and policies relating to cash reports, register checkups, deposits, and checks.
- Assists in maintaining adequate Front-End security to control cash, shrink, and dishonesty.
- Customer service to include handling telephone calls.
- Orders office supplies to maintain an effective stock level.
- Assists new hires with new-hire paperwork; reviews for completeness and forwards to corporate HR in a timely manner.
- Ensures Bookkeeper's office remains clean and organized.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma at a minimum with an associate degree in business or accounting preferred, along with 1-2 years' experience in a related job, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Detail-oriented to avoid making errors and to recognize errors made by others.
- Discreet and trustworthy due to frequent contact with confidential material.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Strong aptitude for numbers.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word and knowledge of specialized bookkeeping or accounting software.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize work and perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Some heavy lifting involved.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old