|Job Title||Back-Up Scan/Bookkeeper|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Flower Mound, TX
Flower Mound, TX 75028
The Back-Up Bookkeeper/Scanner computes, classifies, and records numerical data to keep Store financial records complete. This position perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. This position also checks the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
Essential Job Functions
In the Bookkeeping role:
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Operate 10-key calculators, computer, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Receive, record, and bank cash and checks.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, and profits and losses.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Match order forms with invoices, and record the necessary information.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
- Prepare and process payroll information and forward to Payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure the security of the bookkeeping office at all times in compliance with company procedures.
In the Scanner role:
- Put price information on price or shelf tags using scanner gun.
- Compare printed price tickets with entries on purchase orders to verify accuracy and notify supervisor of discrepancies.
- Keep records of production, returned goods, and related transactions.
- Indicate item size, style, color, and inspection results on tags, tickets, and labels, using rubber stamp or writing instrument.
- Verify weekly ad and promotional price accuracy.
- Work closely with front end cashiers, supervisors regarding scan accuracy.
- Maintain knowledge of weekly ad items.
- Give customers direction of product location throughout the store.
- Check for any price / item updates from the corporate office and make updates as needed.
- Make signs as needed.
- Research discrepancies and notify Help Desk with pricing exceptions.
- Verify new items for price accuracy and "not on files."
- Promote 100% scan accuracy program.
- Act as liaison with Help Desk for computer or register related issues
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent, including courses in bookkeeping, and 1-2 years experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or clerical assignments involving advanced record keeping; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Store management, Cashiers, coworkers, and others.
- Requires a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong work ethic, including reliability and punctuality.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology consistent with the duties of this position.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, and prioritize work.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- This position works in a small, confined office space.
- Walking and standing for long periods
- Repetitive arm and hand movements
- Moderate to frequent lifting, bending, stretching, and kneeling.
- Frequent use of handheld scanning device
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old