|Job Title||Assisstant Produce Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Pasadena, CA 91107
Assisstant Produce Manager
Title: Assistant Produce Manager
Location: Assigned Store
Reports to: Produce Manager
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
SOC: 41-1011.00 - First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers Summary Description
Fresh produce is among the most sought after products by our customers and is considered a key department in our stores. The Assistant Produce Manager is responsible for ensuring the produce department provides the highest quality product and service to customers. Key areas of responsibility include quality control, merchandising, maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the produce department, inventory management, addressing employee relations issues, monitoring labor costs, hiring, and assisting the Produce Manager in other leadership duties as needed.
The Assistant Produce Manager is responsible for working closely with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Managers, and Produce Manager to ensure the success of the store and department through excellent customer service and a demonstrated passion for food. Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity with department products, employees and our customers.
- Ensures that we remain focused on creating an excellent experience for both our employees and customers.
- Ensures favorable department image with customers through a clean, attractive department.
- Maintains freshness standards throughout the department.
- Follows proper receiving, processing, packaging, pricing, signage, displaying, and rotation of a complete variety of items.
- Ensures the prioritization and delegation of daily responsibilities throughout the department while training, coaching, and leading employees.
- Leads by example
- In the absence of the Produce Manager, assists in managing all functions and activities of the Produce Department to achieve sales and profit standards.
- Ensures the enforcement of all company policies.
- Participates in hiring, training and employee relations matters in coordination with the Produce Manager
- Promotes produce sales through effective merchandising and cross-selling displays
- Monitors produce department for quality
- Unloads incoming shipments of produce items and discusses shipment items with vendors in coordination with the Produce Manager
- Closely monitors inventory
- Utilizes appropriate rotation techniques and ensures the freshest product is available for sale when stocking produce department
- Maintains proper receiving, handling and production of product
- Performs assigned stocking, culling, and rotation procedures in accordance with
- Maintains proper housekeeping and equipment handling and care
- Maintains proper quality control and product level
- Maintains proper quality and conditions of product
- Prepares (trims, crisps, packages, scales, etc.) all products according to established
standards and quality goals.
- Ensures the performance of all assigned cleaning functions in accordance with company policy
- Maintains proper pricing standards
- Complies with scheduling and policy standards
- Finds more efficient ways to do the job and seeks to reduce costs and improve
- Observes and corrects unsafe conditions that could cause employee or customer
- Proactively works to create a safe, clean department and follow all health and sanitation guidelines.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in a grocery retail setting required; previous management experience in the retail, grocery, produce or restaurant industry preferred
- Knowledge of perishables is preferred
- Excellent customer service, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills are required due to a high level of customer and employee interaction
- Basic math, reading and writing skills are required
- Must be able to address customer concerns in a professional, courteous manner
- Strong merchandising and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment at all times with all levels of employees
- Appropriate food handler's certificate/card
- Requires standing, walking, bending, climbing throughout the entire work day and the ability to lift, stack and maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50lbs. or more
- Weekend, evening and holiday work will be required in the position
- Minimum age for employment is 18
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old