|Company||Marcus Hotels & Resorts|
|Job Title||Room Attendant|
Timber Ridge Lodge - 7020 Grand Geneva Way
PO Box 880
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
POSITION PURPOSE: Provide clean and properly stocked rooms in a timely manner to meet established preferred hotel standards of quality, service and cleanliness.
- Clean up to 16-24 (depending on status) rooms per day during a maximum 8 hour shift.
- Clean guestrooms in an efficient manner and within 20-30 minutes (depending on status) per room.
- Change guest room bed linens on a daily basis depending on status.
- Dust furniture and blinds, empty wastebaskets, and clean mirrors and pictures.
- Clean bathroom and vanity areas using prescribed procedures.
- Vacuum carpet including edges on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the organization of closets when shift is complete.
- Clean coffee maker, restock amenities, etc. in guest rooms.
- Complete daily, weekly, quarterly and seasonal cleaning duties.
- Report any maintenance problems to #1-2-3-4.
- Report any safety concerns, or injuries to supervisor.
- Turn in all lost and found items to Housekeeping Office or Front Desk if necessary.
- Follow all policies, including proper uniform attire, OSHA standards and procedures and key control procedures.
- Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested by Supervisor.
- Ability to properly use all cleaning equipment and materials.
- Must have flexible work schedule and ability to work under pressure.
- Possess physical stamina to complete repetitive manual labor tasks.
- Represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, lift, grasp, stretch, and use a vacuum and push a cart on a regular and extended basis.
- Basic English communication skills preferred.
- Housekeeping experience preferred.
- Average hours per week: 30-40 (varies based upon season)
- Tools and equipment used in this position:
- Continuously – tote, vacuum, mop, amenities caddy, chemicals, cleaning supplies
- Occasionally – telephone
- Percentage of time during the normal work day the employee is required to:
- Stand – 100%
- Walk – 85%
- Twist/Lift/Reach – 50%
- Squat/Bend – 30%
- Crawl/Climb – 5%
- Maximum consecutive time during the normal workday for each activity:
- Stand/Walk – 4 hours
- Lift/Squat/Bend/Reach – 15 minutes
- Twist/Crawl/Kneel – 10 minutes
- The weight required to be lifted each normal workday:
- Continuously – up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently – up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally – up to 50 lbs.
- Sensory requirements: speech, vision, hearing, smell, touch
- Environmental factors of each normal workday: Inside (100%)
Friendly team player, able to clean an average of 16 guestrooms in 8 hours. Change linens, vacuum, empty trash and scrub floors. May include basic janitorial work; sweeping, mopping, dusting of rooms. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently. Must not be allergic to chemicals or dust.