|Job Title||Back of House (Cook)|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
1971 N HWY 287
Mansfield, TX 76063
Back of House (Cook)
In this hourly position, we look for people with a passion for serving quality food, having fun at work, and delivering amazing customer service. Simply stated, you need to be able to follow the:
Steps to Sizzle-
How do you make service Sizzle? It starts when the guest walks in the door and it continues until they walk out the door. It’s about giving them attention that is as unique and different as the burger they’re eating. It’s easy. Check out the steps to Sizzle.
Smile- go ahead, try it. See, that’s not difficult. Just smile…and throw in a hello within 30 seconds of the guest entering the restaurant. Whether you work in the Front of the House or the Back of the House, it’s everyone’s job to greet the guest immediately.
Impress ‘em-know the menu, be able to answer their questions. You work here. You should know stuff like the menu and ingredients. Easy.
Zero, nada, absolutely no mistakes at the register.
Zesty delivery-ok zesty may be a little lame, but make the delivery of their order fun and unique. When you deliver their burger say things like: “Wow, that’s one good looking burger.”
Look out for ‘em-just take care of them. More ketchup, a booster seat for kid (parents really dig that), whatever. Just look out for ‘em.
Enthusiastic thank you and goodbye. It’s not hard. Just pump up the energy level a bit. Be real, but have fun. “Thanks, Joe…see you next time!”
Then there are the usual task you would expect as a key member of the Back of House Team:
A Cook is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing orders quickly, accurately and efficiently and safeguarding company assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and cooks food according to Smashburger prep, menu and recipe standards.
- Cleans food preparation equipment and work area.
- Adheres to food safety and sanitation guidelines
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen, floors, counter and restrooms at all times.
- Check orders for accuracy and portion control.
- Deliver food to the guest when necessary
- Answer phones according to standards.
- Respond appropriately to guest concerns and communicate guest requests to management.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to process information through KVS system.
- Ability to communicate with team members and guests.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of food and supplies which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above .
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.