|Company||BJ's Restaurants, Inc.|
|Job Title||Prep Cook|
6000 Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 1111
Culver City, CA 90230
BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, a multiple award recipient of Chain Leader magazine's
"Best Places to Work" in the restaurant industry, is now accepting applications.
Our restaurants are a high energy, fun and family-friendly dining environment for everyone to enjoy!
Accepting Applications for
To provide guest satisfaction in our restaurants that revolves around recipe execution, food appearance high quality of food and the overall guest dining experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Food Preparation Execution
- Sets up station according to BJ’s guidelines and standards
- Ensure all needed prep is in station 15 minutes prior to opening
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by BJ’s Gold Standard
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas
- Adheres to proper storage and Hierarchy of food
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the EKM or KM at any time
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards
- Knows to keep track of and report all food that is wasted
- Must handle and rotate all food products properly
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance and safety
- Maintain clean uniform and understands that he/she is always on stage
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Company policies and laws, including health and safety standards
You've heard the buzz now check out the place.
Find out why people are fanatical about BJ's Restaurants by Clicking APPLY today!
Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BJ’s Restaurants, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Necessary Skills and Requirements:
- Must be 18years of age
- A minimum of 2 years full service, high volume, casual dining restaurant experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Able to memorize menu recipes to ensure speed and accuracy for guests
- Experience working in a team orientated environment
- Must have some knowledge of knife skills
- Essential hand/eye coordination
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Standing and walking during entire 8 hour shift
- Lifts and carries supplies, cases up to 50 lbs
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours and carries
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Food handler permit required
Our Team Members Enjoy:
Great pay and benefits, vacation and team member discounts and a place where you work with friends, connect with guests and feel great! Team members can also find a long lasting career with BJ's -- 20% of our managers are team member promotions. This is the complete package -- everything you want a job or career to be!