|Company||MCL Restaurant & Bakery|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
1390 Keystone Way Dr. E
Carmel, IN 46032
Looking for a new career?
Many of our top executives started their careers at MCL. We offer good pay and great benefits in a friendly, down-to-earth environment in a family-owned company. We always look for someone who is friendly, professional and has a love for our chicken and noodles. Ok, we can be flexible on that last one.
MCL Restaurant & Bakery is currently hiring Cooks!
As a Cook, you may be assigned to one or more areas to prepare food on the daily menu – meats, vegetables, bakery (including pies and breads), and salads. Core competencies include:
- Speak and understand conversational English, read menus in English including comprehension of basic measurements and equivalents
- Able to multi-task and work efficiently, effectively, accurately and quickly to maintain stock of menu items within assigned area
- Maintain a positive attitude in accordance with our Attitude of Service and 4-Point Mission of Service
Essential Job Functions:
- Read English menus to accurately and quickly prepare menu items for the day and in accordance with projected ratios no later than 10 minutes prior to opening unit
- Check for and prepare leftovers in accordance with current Plentiful Food Guidelines Effectively prioritize tasks to prepare time extensive recipes first, make quality checks, measure temperatures through the use of a restaurant issued thermometer
- Visually observe food and discard food items not to MCL standard. Track and inform management of any food items discarded
- Keep assigned area clean and walk-ins, reach-ins clutter free with restaurant issued cleaning supplies
- Effectively communicate with Lead Expeditor, Team Leader and/or Manager on Duty on run out items, changes in menu, issue or concerns with timeliness, etc.
- Follow safety standards outlined in the Current Annual Plan and unit guidelines when cooking and handling restaurant equipment
- Maintain master knowledge of food items and recipes to prepare food.
- Be flexible and able to assist, including preparation and closing in all areas in the back of house (salads, meats, vegetables, bakery) when needed.
- When closing, discard, restock and maintain all food items in accordance with the current Plentiful Food Guidelines.
- Transition next shift cook on current day’s progress, menu items and set-ups completed.
- Prepare set-ups, maintain organized walk-ins, complete cleaning/operational checklists.
- Timely prepare catered or bulk carry out items in accordance with current Plentiful Food Guidelines, recipes and manager instruction for order.
Cooks will regularly stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, turn, lift, talk, walk, walk on uneven ground, carry and lift up to fifty (50) pounds. Team lift is required for anything over twenty-five (25) pounds or any awkward lifting.
If you are looking for a company that will provide you with opportunity and you are flexible, friendly, and hardworking, please apply with us today. We can't wait to meet you!
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
Must be available for early morning shifts.
Must be flexibile with schedule to work afternoon shifts.