|Job Title||Assistant Manager|
|Wages||Based on experience|
11150 Research Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759
Under the supervision of the General or Executive Manager, directs Associate activity to provide efficient high quality customer service and achieve retail sales targets through a well-trained and motivated staff. Adheres to all Party City standards.
- Performs supervisory duties.
- Responsible for opening and closing store and related procedures.
- Responsible for cash handling procedures including but not limited to preparing and dropping bank deposits.
- Authorizes register functions including post voids, returns and associate discounts.
- Assists in supervising and coaching all associates.
- Performs manager on duty (MOD) responsibilities as required.
- Delivers exceptional customer service through personal contact with customers.
- Interacts with and assists customers in accordance with corporate Customer Service program.
- Answers the telephone and rings on registers as needed.
- Processes balloon orders as needed.
- Handles/assists in receiving and stocking procedures.
- Ensures accurate receiving.
- Unloads merchandise from trucks as needed.
- Checks in shipment as needed.
- Stages merchandise for the sales floor.
- Top and down stocks merchandise as needed.
- Assists in merchandising procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned sections in store as determined by the General or Executive Manager.
- Sets and maintains merchandise presentation planner (MPP).
- Sets and maintains plan-o-grams.
- Flexes and fills seasonal aisles.
- Sets and maintains ad in-stock.
- Executes corporate directed price changes and clearance markdowns.
- Assists in ensuring data integrity.
- Participates in the lows and outs process.
- Responsible for seasonal pack away.
- Informs General or Executive Manager of any inventory discrepancies.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Develops for advancement to next career path position.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to motivate staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Personal leadership skills
- Creative thinking
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-3 years of management experience or minimum of 6 months experience in Party City Team Leader position.
- Lift, push, pull 25 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, bending and stooping
- Climb ladders
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities may be determined by the General or Executive Manager, as dictated by store needs.