The Steak n Shake concept is proven, successful, and poised for remarkable growth - the kind of growth that can accelerate your career like nothing else. We currently have over 500 locations in 21 states and our plan is to grow nationwide - imagine what that kind of growth can mean to your career. If you're ready to make your mark you're ready for Steak n Shake.
Hourly Shift Supervisor
Steak n Shake is seeking experienced hourly restaurant team leaders to join their restaurant teams as Hourly Shift Supervisors. In this position candidates will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced restaurant including ensuring guest satisfaction, food quality, training, as well as restaurant cleanliness and readiness.
As an Hourly Shift Supervisor, a candidate's primary role would be leading and directing teams of 10-25 people across various shifts. Our training program focuses on helping you develop the skills you need to guarantee success. Don't miss this great opportunity to leave your "Job" and start your "Career". This is an outstanding growth opportunity with advancement potential to Salaried Management roles available based on performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to pass Criminal Background Check
- Minimum 1 year experience as an hourly crew lead or equivalent in a restaurant environment
- High sense of urgency and ability to work successfully in a fast paced environment
- Superior customer service and people skills
- Ability to train, coach, and direct others
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work varied hours, shifts, and days
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- Be able to perform any task performed by a service or production associate
- Be able to read and write English at the high school graduate level
- Be able to see, with or without correction, across the restaurant with a proficiency sufficient to determine whether a guest requires service
- Stand, walk, bend and stretch for duration of shift
- Lift, carry, push or pull up to 30 lbs
- Able to use a computer register, personal computer and office equipment
- Able to interact with guests and associates on a professional basis
- Able to legally and safely drive a motor vehicle
We offer 24 hour flexibility in scheduling, medical benefits after 90 days of employment, and great pay (up to $12 per hour or more for servers, including tips)—an excellent opportunity for a great job.
Team Members may receive the following benefits:
Competitive Starting Pay
401(k) Savings Plan
Voluntary Sickness and Accident Insurance
Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Dental Insurance