|Company||Air Serv Corporation|
|Job Title||Special Assistance Agent (Unaccompanied Minors)|
3200 E Airfield Drive
Dallas, TX 75261
Special Assistance Agent (Unaccompanied Minors)
Responsibilities: Responsible for escorting unaccompanied minors ("UM") to/from flights and/or to meet a receiving adult.
Specific Duties: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Verify that the UM has pin-type button visible.
- Assure that the appropriate UM form is fully and accurately completed.
- Escort the UM to/from the designated aircraft.
- Introduce the minor to both the customer service agent and the flight attendant to provide all pertinent information regarding the child's flight.
- Remain at the designated gate until the flight has departed.
- Accompany the UM in case of an aircraft departure delay and/or cancellation until all processing has been completed.
- Obtain copies of appropriate UM forms from flight attendants when meeting an inbound flight.
- Request proper identification from adult meeting the UM, thereby ensuring that the identification correlates with the information demonstrated on the UM form.
- Comply with all safety, security, compliance and quality standards and procedures established by the Company, by our Clients and by regulatory authorities.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The individual may be required to stand and walk for 2/3 or more of the work shift.
- Individual may be required to talk, hear and use hands to handle or feel for 2/3 or more of the work shift.
- Individual may be required to lift up to 50 pounds or more for up to 1/3 of the work shift.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability: To perfom this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements described herein are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, client forms, operating and procedure manuals, and employee handbooks. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Must submit to and pass a drug screen.
- Must meet all requirements to receive required airport SIDA badge and Customs Seal (if applicable), including successful completion of a background check and ten-year work history.