In Monday night’s football game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks, the final call, which changed the outcome of the game, is being contested by fans and players as a really bad call. I won’t get into all the specific details here, but you can read about it here.
Have you ever made a really bad call while job searching? I’ve put together a list of some of the ones we hear about the most.
Bad calls in your job search:
- Wearing washed-out ripped jeans to an interview
- Showing up late to your interview
- Misspelling your name on an application
- Copying and pasting your cover letter, and not changing the company name
- Bashing your former boss on Facebook and not making your profile private
- Tweeting that you really didn’t like the person that interviewed you – #badcall
- Not cancelling the interview if you had surgery that morning
- Having a full voicemail box so employers can’t reach you
- Not turning your phone on silent for an interview, made worse by your “Call me maybe” ringtone
What bad calls have you made? Could you imagine doing something that embarrassing and having it broadcast across the world?