Let’s be honest here, not many of us really look forward to job interviews. They can be nerve-racking, stressful and scary. We’ve got a few tricks to help you push through it.
1) Practice, practice, practice - The more you practice interviewing, the more confident you will feel going into the interview. Ask someone you feel comfortable with and that you know will provide you with encouraging, honest feedback. Practice your answers to common interview questions until you are assured they are where you want them.
2) Drink some tea - Herbal tea is a great way to help relax the muscles so that you can really focus on the interview itself.
3) Wash out the nerves - Take a long shower or bath to help you become alert, relaxed and ready to bring your ‘A’ game.
4) Just breathe - Take long deep breathes right before the interview to increase the flow of oxygen in your body. This will help you concentrate and focus on what’s ahead.
5) Treat yourself - Plan an activity after the interview that you know you will enjoy. Something as simple as treating yourself to ice cream will give you something to look forward to.
6) Believe in yourself - Now is not the time to think negative, self-destructive thoughts. Go into the interview knowing that you’ve done everything you could have to prepare for the big event. Know in your heart that you will nail it and that you are the best fit for the position. If you walk in feeling defeated, it will show in your answers and you’re better than that!
What tips can you add to this list? Comment below!