1. (Big) box: Retail locations of large retailers referring to their square shape and high square footage.
"Are you going to the box today?"
2. Code green/ Green monster: When a cash register has an unsafe amount of cash and needs a pick up to restore it to a more manageable amount.
"Code green on lane 8. Manager to lane 8 for a code green."
3. Front end: Portion of a retail location or grocery store including cash registers and customer service.
"The lines are getting a little long, who's managing the front end tonight?"
4. Shrink: Lost or stolen inventory.
"I found this empty PlayStation box in the bathroom; that's not going to help our shrink."
5. SKU: (Pronounced “skew”). Reference number assigned to products so that it can be identified by employees.
"Here's the SKU, can you check the stock?"