THE HOURLY GIG - OFFICIAL RULES
SPONSORED BY SNAGAJOB
The Official Rules of The Hourly Gig are below. If you have any questions regarding the Official Rules, please contact the contest sponsor, Snagajob, via email at email@example.com, via Twitter at @Snagajob or via Facebook at www.facebook.com/SnagAJob.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST: The Hourly Gig ("Contest"), sponsored by Snagajob ("Sponsor"), is a video contest designed to shed light on the hidden talents of America's hourly job seeker and worker. The Contest gives individuals ("Entrants") an opportunity to submit original videos ("Submissions") of their creation that showcase their musical abilities. A prize will be awarded to the Entrant who submits the video that best fits the criteria outlined below as determined by the judges at their sole discretion, in accordance with these Official Rules.
ELIGIBILITY:The Contest is open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 14 years of age or older (must be able to present proof of age). The following individuals are not eligible:
- Current or former Snagajob employees
- Current or former Snagajob employees' immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as a current or former Snagajob employee
- Previous Hourly Gig winners (finalists that did not win are eligible)
- Entrants who do not comply with the Official Rules
- CONTEST TIMELINE: The Contest begins no later than 8:00 a.m. EST on August 12, 2013, and ends on 12:00 p.m. EST on September 12, 2013 ("Contest Period"). Video submissions will be accepted from no later than 8:00 a.m. EST on August 12, 2013, until 11:59 p.m. EST on August 23, 2013 ("Submission Period"). Judging to select the finalists will take place from 12:00 a.m. EST on August 24, 2013, until 12:00 p.m. EST on September 3, 2013. ("Judging Period"). Public voting on the finalists will begin at 12:00 p.m. EST on September 4, 2013, and will end at 12:00 p.m. EST on September 11, 2013 ("Voting Period"). A winner will be notified by 5:00 p.m. EST on September 12, 2013.
- 4. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. To enter, Entrants will go to www.snagajob.com/hourlygig (the "Site") and follow the onscreen submission process, which will require that Entrants provide: a first and last name, phone number, email address and URL to their YouTube video. Optional information in the submission will include a brief summary of their job or job search story. If it is a group submission, one member of the group must be designated as the Primary Entrant ("Primary Entrant"). The Primary Entrant is required to submit his/her information on the submission form. Entrants will be asked to review the Contest's Official Rules and must indicate that they accept the rules prior to submission. Once the Submission is completed and uploaded, the Entrant has been entered into the Contest.
5. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each Submission must also comply with the following:
- We highly advise that entries do not exceed three minutes in length. Judges may only view the first three minutes of submissions.
- Entrants will be required to review, and agree to, the Contest's Official Rules as outlined on the Site. By agreeing to the Contest's Official Rules, the Entrant is stating he/she is in compliance with all rules outlined for the Contest. If it is found that the Entrant is not in compliance, the Entrant's Submission will be disqualified.
- Entrants must provide all required information: first and last name, phone number, email address and URL to their YouTube video. Entrants will not be allowed to submit the Submission form if the required information is not provided.
- Entrants do not have to provide the additional requested information: information on his/her job or job search story. Providing this information will not increase an Entrant's chance of winning the Contest.
- Each Submission will be tied to one Entrant or Primary Entrant.
- Only one Submission will be accepted per Entrant email address. If an Entrant submits multiple Submissions, he/she will be disqualified from the Contest.
- The Submission must be the Entrant's original work and must be performed by the Entrant. The performance in the Submission must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal property rights of any person or entity.
- Music used in the submission must be original and/or not require additional permissions for the Sponsor to use the Submission in any public forum.
- The Submission should not include any copyrighted logos, trademarks or products of any third party businesses other than that of the Sponsor.
- The Entrant is responsible for obtaining consent from any person appearing in the Submission. It is assumed that any person appearing in a Submission has given his/her consent. If it is determined that consent has not been given, the Submission will be disqualified.
- Submissions containing inappropriate material will be disqualified. Inappropriate material includes, but is not limited to, actions or words that are:
ii. Sexually explicit
v. Disparaging, defamatory or libelous
vi. Objectionable and unsuitable for view in a public forum
vii. In violation of YouTube's rules of conduct
- Submissions should not include personally identifiable information - name, email address, physical address, etc. Any inclusion of such material constitutes the Entrant's permission for this information to be shared publicly.
- Entrants and participants in the Submission may not be under contract of any kind that would limit or impair the Sponsor's ability to publicly share the Submission (royalty free) or that would make sharing of the Submission in any media a violation of third-party rights.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE:All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. on August 23, 2013. The Sponsor does not assume responsibility for:
- Late, lost, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible Submissions
- Telephone, electronic, hardware, software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, delays or difficulties
- Errors in transmission
- Events beyond the Sponsor's control which may impact an Entrant's ability to upload a Submission
- Printing or typographical errors
FINALIST SELECTION: The Sponsor has assembled a judging panel ("Judges") comprised of both Sponsor representatives and of representatives of the community. Judges have been separated into two groups: preliminary and final. Preliminary judges will review all Submissions and will select 25 preliminary finalists, based on criteria outlined below, for the final judging panel to review. The final judging panel will review the 25 Submissions selected by the preliminary judging panel and will select 5 finalists ("Finalists"). The Finalists will be announced no later than 12:00 p.m. EST on September 4, 2013. Preliminary finalists and Finalist will be selected based on the following categories:
- 1/3 creativity
- 1/3 talent
- 1/3 entertainment value
The Sponsor reserves the right to make the final decision regarding the 5 Finalists that best match the Contest's intent.
- SELECTION OF THE WINNER: Once the 5 Finalists are chosen, the Sponsor will post each Finalists' Submission on the Site along with a voting tool to allow public voting. Submissions will be posted on the Site for public voting by 12:00 p.m. EST on September 4, 2013. The Voting Period will end at 12:00 p.m. EST on September 11, 2013. During the Voting Period, the Submission that receives the highest percentage of total votes will be deemed the winner ("Winner"). There will be no limit to the number of times a person may vote on the site during the Voting Period.
- NOTIFICATION: The Winner will be notified by 5:00 p.m. EST on September 12, 2013. The Winner will have 24 hours from the time he/she is notified to acknowledge the Sponsor and accept the prize. The Sponsor will contact the Winner through both the email and phone number provided in the Submission. If the Winner fails to accept the prize within 24 hours, the Winner forfeits the prize and the runner-up will be deemed the Winner. The same notification process and time requirements will remain in effect for the new Winner.
PRIZE: The Winner will receive travel to and lodging accommodations in Richmond to perform at the Innsbrook Pavillion on September 19, 2013, as the opening act for Montgomery Gentry. If the Winner is a solo act, the Winner may bring one companion with him/her to Richmond. If the Winner is a group act, the Winner may choose to share the prize value with group members. Travel and accommodation value is not to exceed $5,000. Costs eligible in this prize include, but at not limited to:
- Air fare
- Airport transportation
- Food and beverages
Total prize value is estimated at a maximum of $5,500. Prizes may not be transferred. No cash or substitution may be given for a prize; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to make a substitution for a prize of comparable or greater value.
Winners are solely responsible for all taxes on a prize and any expenses not specified relating to the acceptance and use of a prize. An IRS Form 1009 will be issued to the Winner if the actual prize value exceeds $600.
- PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: Once the Winner has accepted the prize, the Winner will be emailed and mailed a prize notice that includes an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, as well as prize fulfillment instruction. The Winner must complete and sign the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and have the document notarized. The Sponsor will provide a pre-paid envelope, which the Winner may use to return the signed documents. All signed documents must be in the Sponsors possession by 11:59 p.m. on September 16, 2013. If the Winner is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must co-sign the required forms.
- PRIZE FULFILLMENT: The Sponsor will work with the Winner to determine the most appropriate manner to fulfill the prize. It is the Sponsor's ultimate decision on the manner in which the prize is fulfilled.
- INDEMNIFICATION: Entrants agree to hold the Sponsor harmless and indemnify the Sponsor from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages and expenses, including attorney fees that may arise from or in connection with any Submission and the use and/or display of the Submission.
- GOVERNING LAW: All issues or questions about the Contest's Official Rules or the obligations associated with the Contest shall be governed by with the laws of the state of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venues for all suites will be federal or state courts located in the County of Glen Allen or City of Richmond, State of Virginia.
- All federal, state and/or local laws apply.
- Void where prohibited.
- Contest Winner accepts all liabilities relating to acceptance and use of the Prize.
- Contest Sponsor accepts no liability or responsibility for damages, losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance or use of the Prize.
- Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.