Your chef resume is the amuse-bouche of of your passion for food and hospitality. Be sure to offer future employers a sample of your skills and professionalism.
Chef Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Find the perfect blend of culinary and hospitality expertise:
- Menu planning
- Kitchen management
- Supply management
Chef Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Success stories of when you’ve gone above and beyond draw attention to your dedication:
- Culinary achievements
- Lowered overhead
- Customer relations
Chef Resume Example
Lead Chef, Bacchus, Sycamore, OR
February 2011 - Present
- Chef: Oversee kitchen staff and preparation of food for tapas-style, 80-seat restaurant. Responsible for timely, consistent, quality presentation for high-end clientele.
- Menu planning: Responsible for seasonal menu revisions, maintaining customer favorites and restaurant specialty items while introducing new items based on locally-sourced seasonal ingredients.
- Inventory management: Inventory ingredients, forecast weekly demand, and prepare orders for restaurant suppliers and local growers. Accountable for minimizing inventory loss.
- Voted Sycamore’s favorite local dinner restaurant, 2012, 2013; four stars from Sycamore Daily Republican restaurant critic; consistent high ratings and reviews on Yelp and Urban Spoon.
- Identified local organic farms to source pork and bison, reducing organic protein costs by 10%.
- Responsible for regular front-of-house customer relations as "face" of restaurant culture. Added timed dining room walk-throughs to evening schedule to ensure customer interaction.