Writing your dental assistant resume doesn’t have to be a pain. Your job description alone is filled with the various duties that move patients in and out of a busy office, and provide relief and support to dental staff.
Dental Assistant Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Narrow your list down to the dental assistant skills critical to a compliant office and comfortable clients:
- Assisting responsibilities
- Exam room preparation
- Office management
Dental Assistant Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Share stories that show how you you shine in your dental assistant job:
- Additional training
- Positive reviews
- Efficiency improvements
Dental Assistant Resume Example
Dental Assistant, Penk Family Dentistry, Lebanon, IN
March 2012 - January 2014
- Dental Assistant: Responsible for clinical and customer support in family-focused dental office. Greet and guide patients to exam rooms, assist hygienist in recording and x-ray processing, manage all in-house lab work and maintenance.
- Exam room preparation: Sanitize, stock, and maintain patient exam rooms, sterilize and restock tools and equipment, ensuring a safe and comfortable patient experience.
- Office management: Act as backup receptionist. Answer phones, direct patient questions, schedule appointments, check in/check out and bill patients. Inventory and order exam, lab and office supplies.
- Completed digital x-ray training for practice’s new DEXIS radiography system.
- Consistent high-praise from hygienists and dentist for exam room preparation and turnover time, lab efficiency, and customer relations. Assigned to child patients for encouraging demeanor.
- Implemented schedule versus appointment and turnover audit to identify delays and reduce patient wait time by 18%.