As a medical assistant, you offer industry-specific skills and knowledge to the staff you support and the and patients you help. Fill your resume with details of the training and experience you bring to a busy clinic or practice.
Medical Assistant Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Get noticed by highlighting skills that include your certifications as well as office experience:
- Medical coding or billing
- Patient care
- Supply management
Medical Assistant Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Share stories that show your are reliable and an asset to the daily functions of an office:
- Performance reviews
- Positive attendance record
- Experience supporting doctors and RNs
Medical Assistant Resume Example
Certified Medical Assistant, Prairie Hill Pediatric Associates, Flower Mound, TX
July 2010 - September 2013
- Medical billing and coding: Apply knowledge of standard coding in chart preparation, patient interviews, and exam records of Health System pediatric clinic for four to six physicians and RN staff.
- Patient Care: Perform preliminary pediatric patient exam, including height and weight for newborns to teens, blood pressure, pulse, and temperature. Utilize phlebotomy tech skills for blood draws in in-house lab.
- Office Management: Responsible for sanitation and restocking of exam rooms and patient intake area. Inventory and reorder medical supplies, and manage work order requests for equipment or facility repairs.
- Research and schedule patient service training for medical assistant staff. Led service plan to increase client satisfaction survey results by 3%, 2011 to 2012.
- Spotless attendance record, zero sick or personal days used over three-year employment.
- Consistently positive annual reviews from managers for technical, office, and patient care skills. Praised for time management, internal as well as client communication skills, and accurate record keeping.