The growing need for nurses makes this a promising career and a competitive field. Put yourself in high demand by filling your resume with the credentials, experience, and passion that set you apart.
Nurse Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Whether you are new to nursing or bring years of experience, align yourself with the perfect job by accurately reporting your skills along with your education and certifications:
- Nursing specialty
- Additional languages
- Facility experience
- Special assignments
Nurse Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Stories of achievements (and over achievements) are your chance to show off your drive as well as your commitment to your patients and medicine:
- Leadership roles
- Board appointments
Nurse Resume Example
Emergency Department Nurse, Sacred Heart Health System, Gulf Shores, AL
December 2011 - Present
- Emergency Department Nurse: RN managing all areas of critical care of emergency patients in level 1 trauma center. Prioritize and respond according to unit workload and patient assessment.
- Spanish language: Certified technical medical interpreter, fluent in Spanish as a second language. Evaluation and translation between Spanish-speaking patients and hospital staff.
- C.A.N.E Unit: Assigned and trained as SHHS child assault nurse examiner. 16 hours additional child development and psychology, and mandated reporter training. Additional training through County crime scene detective unit in photographing and documenting evidence of abuse in children.
- BSN 2011, top 5%. Certified ED Nurse, 2012. Completed 30 hours mandated annual training, 2012, 2013.
- Assigned as first-year students preceptor, 2013. Zero dropout rate in assigned students.
- Elected to Gulf Shores Health Council Board, Clinical Committee, 2012 to present. Assist in assessment and review of area hospital nurse clinicals and recommendations for program improvements.