Build a case for earning your next paralegal job. Make sure your resume communicates the organizational skills and legal training careful firms need from their legal assistants.
Paralegal Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Don’t just write about you attention to detail, show it here:
- Legal assistance
- Computer technology
- Time management
Paralegal Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Your accomplishments may come from especially challenging cases, firms, or even academics and volunteer roles:
- Significant credentials
- Academic achievements
- Internal updates
- Case organizing
Paralegal Resume Example
Paralegal, Ivory, Sullivan, and Behr, Cranston, DE
January 2013 - Present
- Legal assistance: Support attorneys by providing case support, research, drafting documents and communications, and helping organize schedules and materials for multiple clients during any given period.
- Computer skills: Proficient in MS Office software suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Trained and experienced in hours tracking and billing with NetSuite Financials software.
- Time management: Responsible for managing and monitoring attorney case calendars in order to schedule meetings, track document progress, court dates and deadlines, confirming all associated billable hours are connected to proper accounts.
- Notary Public, 2013.
- Updated internal filing system to include electronic indexing and off site archives. Archiving eliminated the need for purchase of new storage and saved $2,500 in additional office furniture.
- Praised for trial preparation, including exhibit production, binder preparation and updates, client and witness calendar coordination.