The prognosis is good for pharmacy tech jobs. But you’ll still want to build a resume that gets you hired in the clinic, pharmacy, or hospital that suits your personal career path.
Pharmacy Technician Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Stand out with skills that offer the right mix of accuracy and customer relations:
- Prescription fulfillment
- Inventory management
- Health insurance processing
- Customer service
Pharmacy Technician Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Share experience gained during your training; or reference challenges faced over years on the pharmacy floor:
- Facility-specific challenges
- Technology or records transitions
- Positive reviews
Pharmacy Technician Resume Example
Certified Pharmacy Technician, Nihan & Martin Drugs, Mascis, NM
June 2013 - March 2014
- Prescription processing: Support pharmacist with accurate reading and calculating of medication orders, proper package labeling, for pharmacist approval and fulfillment.
- Inventory management: Monitor supply stock, anticipate needs, place orders and rush orders, monitor and dispose of expired products.
- Customer service: Provide friendly, knowledgeable service, and field questions and requests for the pharmacist. Greet walk-up and drive-up clients; process drop-off, call-in, fax, and electronic orders; screen calls and answer questions or refer to the pharmacist.
- Gained experience in common (and less common) drug interactions while working in high-volume, retirement community pharmacy.
- On staff during implementation and training for transition to automated dispensing system. Assigned to mentor new hires in system training.
- Received consistent positive reviews for accuracy, efficiency, and friendly customer service. Praised by pharmacist for providing support and negating need for additional staff during seasonal traffic increases.