Make a first impression that gets you into the receptionist job you are after. Show your appreciation for business etiquette and organization when building your standout resume.
Receptionist Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
List frontline skills that will put management at ease (as well as guests):
- Front desk reception
- Administrative support
- Computer skills
- Office management
Receptionist Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Share success stories that show you take pride in your accomplishments as the company gatekeeper:
- Technical updates
- Amenities management
- Improved efficiency
Receptionist Resume Example
Receptionist, Metro RX, Freeport, MA
November 2004 - January 2008
- Front desk reception: Field calls for office of 30-plus staff on multiline VOIP system. Greet guests and vendors. Manage shipping and receiving. Provide administrative assistance to management and sales team.
- Computer: Utilize Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook to relay client and vendor communications, track expenses, create purchase orders and support sales staff.
- Office Management: Schedule and receive contractors and vendors, inventory and order office supplies, maintain clean and organized reception, conference, kitchen and work areas.
- Implemented new postage meter and corresponding accounts billables to accommodate growing company needs. Researched and presented machine options to management, arranged installation, trained staff, and maintained supplies and updates. Increased efficiency of handling alone by 20%.
- Responsible for stocking of kitchen and amenities for both clients and staff. Accommodate staff preferences and dietary restrictions for employee snack and drink kitchen. Met client and guest needs in advance of arrival, reflected in positive customer satisfaction survey results.
- Researched and contracted interior greenery maintenance service for expanded office. Met decorative needs of 30% square footage increase. Loss of plants per square foot decreased by 15%.