Give your nursing resume the treatment it needs to get you noticed in this competitive industry. Draw attention to your technical expertise and passion for patient care.
Registered Nurse Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
New nurses can refer to training and education while experienced nurses can list more on-the-job experience:
- Nursing focus
- Facility specifics
- Special assignments
Registered Nurse Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Your achievements are your chance to stand out against the other candidates:
- Educational achievements
- Special care
Registered Nurse Resume Example
Pediatric Department Nurse, North Memorial Hospital, Dixon, MN
July 2013 - Present
- Pediatric Department Nurse: First-shift RN responsible for care of pediatric patients in 15-bed unit. Chart and communicate updates for doctors' rounds. Record and administer meds. Assess and respond to patient condition and needs.
- 2013 NICU Rotation: two 4-week rotations, NICU/PICU, training under RN to provide newborn, critical, and bedside care.
- Pediatric Trauma Transfer Nurse: Assigned special care of pediatric trauma transfer patients to PICU. Monitor and assess patient condition and react according to critical care protocol.
- BSN 2013, North Memorial School of Nursing, Dean’s list.
- High praise for bedside care and professionalism from hospital administration and RN preceptors. Hired directly from 2013 clinical rotation to pediatric assignment upon completion of state board certification testing.
- Implemented pediatric unit weekly "Explorers" programs in coordination with local children’s museum. Interactive traveling children’s exhibit, including hands-on displays, presented by high school volunteers and museum employees.