Put your resume in order with a smorgasbord of experience. With so many duties to cover, you’ll want to group them into key areas of restaurant management.
Restaurant Manager Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
List skills that show your ability to lead your team and lead a restaurant to success:
- Restaurant management
- Staffing and leadership
- Menu planning
Restaurant Manager Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Offer a sample of challenges and successful outcomes from your front and back-of-house experience:
- Business growth
- Critic reviews
- Sales records
- Events management
Restaurant Manager Resume Example
Restaurant Manager, The Metropolitan, Deer Park, TX
September 2011 - Present
- Hospitality management: Responsible for organization and management of all front and back-of-house operations for mid-size restaurant and banquet facility.
- Human resources: Recruit, interview and hire kitchen, service, support and maintenance staff. Responsible for schedules, duty assignments, communication of expectations and policies. Conduct regular reviews and determine disciplinary procedures when necessary.
- Marketing: Plan local and regional advertising schedule, according to seasonal trends. Maintain contact with network of press and influencers for event publicity and reviews. Also responsible for social media networks and promotions.
- Introduced "micro event" tastings concept to restaurant offering. Each monthly event featured a high-end chef’s menu of a niche ingredient. Events are open to a limited guest list and always sold out in advance. Increased monthly net profit in restaurant by 6%.
- Managed banquet facility update and menu revision, 2012. Rated Deer Park’s "Best Banquet Facility," 2013.
- Increased banquet facility bookings 25%, 2012 over 2011. Banquet facility net profit increase of 36%, 2012 over 2011, 6%, 2014 over 2013.