Advance to your next sales manager job with a robust resume – It’s time to present your knowledge of every level of the sales cycle and team management.
Sales Manager Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Show your portfolio of sales experience as well as leadership:
- Sales supervision
- Recruitment and training
Sales Manager Assistant Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Metrics count, as you well know:
- Performance records
- Segment or regional management
- Product knowledge
Sales Manager Resume Example
Sales Manager, Scott Controls, Redmond, WA
July 2011 - Present
- Sales management: Manage sales department for Controls division of Scott Companies. Develop department sales plan, including key metrics and goals. Supervise staff in implementation of individual plans and goal accountability.
- Administration: Provide written and verbal sales reports to administration. Communicate competitive analysis and customer feedback to management team.
- Associate development: Recruit, hire, and train new sales associates. Utilize first 60 days to familiarize associate with products and sales plan through engineer/management shadowing. Assign tiered account structure of varying lead strength to build confidence while cultivating new accounts.
- Promoted to Sales Manager, July 2011. Promoted, cut, and recruited sales associates based on sales records and company core values. Implemented mentor program, semi-annual sales training, and daily stand-up metrics meetings. Department gross sales increased by 20% in 2012, 6% in 2013.
- Utilize BS in Electrical Engineering to act as sales team product specialist and liaison to product development team.
- Implemented new account development plan, utilizing targeted marketing, expo events and a metrics-based customer relationship conversion process to increase market share by 12% over two years.