Trust your gut when you build your security guard resume. Include the training, skills, and experience you bring to the job – especially your appreciation for safety.
Security Guard Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Keep a close eye on the skills gained in security or law enforcement:
- Driving record
- Communication skills
- Security equipment
Security Guard Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Major on-the-job accomplishments show your commitment to safety:
- Special assignments
- Leadership roles
- Safety and performance
Security Guard Resume Example
Security Guard, At Ease Security, Arms, WA
March 2012 - Present
- Security: Security officer for home, commercial, and event security company. Assigned to patrol in private communities; day and night watch of office building complexes, including surveillance equipment; and event entrance and premise oversight.
- Licensed driver: Valid state drivers license with clean driving record.
- Security equipment: Familiar with multiple residential and commercial security systems, as well as control room surveillance technology.
- Assigned as lead in adequately staffing and organizing security for political visits, expos, and special events.
- Promoted to shift commander for community patrols and commercial shifts.
- Praised for professionalism and communication skills. Commended for avoiding use of physical force by verbally diffusing confrontation and subduing suspects.