Don’t miss the server job at the restaurant you want. Move to the top of the list by filling your server resume with attention to quality, service, and detail.
Server Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
List skills that outline the service customers come back for and sales qualities restaurant managers hire:
- Food service
- Menu knowledge
Server Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Refer to accomplishments as a server or even successes outside of the industry that still relate to food service jobs:
- Adapting to changes
- Added duties
- Customer feedback
Server Resume Example
Server, Budokan’s, Rockford, IL
March 2013 - present
- Restaurant server: Food service at upscale, american fare restaurant. Duties include familiarizing guests with menu and daily specials, accurately recording food and drink orders, running multi-course meals, and tallying bills.
- Menu knowledge: Memorize details of daily specials, seasonal menu items and options, as well as rotating craft beer options.
- Up-selling: Direct customers to meal add-ons and specialty drinks of perceived value to increase sales.
- Quickly learned new seasonal menus by launch dates.
- Additional duties as special events/catering server and bartender. Assigned delivery, set up and takedown for smaller parties.
- Consistently praised in customer surveys for friendliness and efficiency. August 2013 Server of the Month for customer feedback and up-sales.