We offer a wide variety of roles from corporate to retail positions. Our career paths are so diverse that chances are no matter what your background or interests may be, we have the career that’s right for you. When you’re part of OfficeMax, we focus on you. We’re a powerhouse company with everything you need for career success. At OfficeMax, our vision is to become the leading provider of office products and services through a relentless focus on our customers.
If you recognize opportunity and actively embrace the challenges that come with taking a leading organization to the next level – we want to talk. When you consider our culture, our opportunities, and our plans for the future, we think you’ll agree that OfficeMax is just the thing you’ve been looking for. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an established, experienced professional your career starts here!
OfficeMax Store Associate
The Store Associate is responsible for positively contributing to the customer shopping experience by providing friendly, knowledgeable and professional service as well as assisting customers with a total solutions purchase. This position is also responsible for the check-in and unloading of freight, stocking merchandise on shelves and cashiering as directed.
- 1. Seek out and engage customers in a friendly and professional manner and provide impartial, knowledgeable advice about all OfficeMax product offerings.
- 2. Provide outstanding customer service by effectively engaging customers, identifying their needs, and offering the best solution to successfully close a sale.
- 3. Elicit information from customers to confidently sell in all areas of the sales floor including but not limited to ImPress, Furniture, Supplies, Technology and other areas including third party resources.
- 4. Seek and accept coaching and direction from the Store Leadership Team.
- 5. Support the store’s shrink and theft awareness program and advise management of any unusual activity using the various reporting methods provided by the company (800 number, Open Door Policy, contacting Loss Prevention or Human Resources team).
- 6. When not with customers, keep aisles faced and shelves stocked as directed.
- 7. Use radios and headsets to answer questions and assist store team members to recommend the best total sales solution.
- 8. Perform register sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance with established cash control procedures and customer service guidelines.
- 9. Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- 10. Answer the phone promptly and courteously and direct calls to the appropriate party.
- 11. Ensure that the store is clean and organized and all pricing signage is in order. Assist in cleaning and maintenance of the store as directed.
- 12. Use all available resources such as @Max Retail, OfficeMax University, and Advantage TV to further associate’s knowledge about the company and it’s offerings. Utilize that knowledge to educate customers about OfficeMax solutions that fit their needs.
- 13. Advise Manager on Duty of any issues, special customer requests, customer complaints, etc.
- 14. Immediately respond and resolve any potential safety hazards, and report to Manager on Duty.
- 15. Unload and check in freight as directed.
- 16. Implement new merchandise planograms as directed.
- 17. Assist in the store’s data integrity process: identifying low stock levels, inventory discrepancies and report them to management to ensure an “in-stock” store.
- 18. Ensure returned merchandise is restocked to the correct location and that all damaged or defective merchandise is labeled and placed in the appropriate area at the end of each shift.
- 19. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
- 20. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing.
- Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Once you find an OfficeMax Store Associate job near you, fill out an online OfficeMax job application today!
OfficeMax Digital Copy Center Associate
The successful candidate will enjoy working with customers in a fast paced environment and producing high quality products on a deadline. OfficeMax ImPress is dedicated to providing the perfect customer experience, which includes finding the best solution to our customers’ needs. Prior successful experience in a sales role is a plus. OfficeMax ImPress provides extensive training through a variety of resources including hands-on, web-based and on-site vendor training.
Duties include: Consulting with customers to determine needs, accurately documenting and pricing customer orders, producing high quality products for customers, on-going training and regular communication with other associates and management. OfficeMax offers great benefits and competitive pay in a fast FUN environment.
OfficeMax is a leader in both business-to-business and retail office products distribution with over $8 billion in sales. We deliver an unparalleled customer experience — in service, in product, in time savings, and in value – through a relentless focus on our customers. We provide office supplies and paper, print and document services, technology products and solutions, and furniture to large, medium and small businesses and consumers. Our customers are served by more than 40,000 associates through direct sales, catalogs, Internet, and almost 1,000 superstores.
- Effectively interact with customers and be capable of handling customer inquiries and issues.
- Able to stand and move about for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds, climb 8′ to 10′ ladders.
- Work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor quality at all stages of the customer experience.
- Demonstrated ability to complete quality work and meet deadlines.
- Follow policies on copyright law, confidentiality and handling of customer original documents.
- OfficeMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Once you find an OfficeMax Digital Copy Center Associate job near you, fill out an online OfficeMax job application today!