Sports Authority Careers
At Sports Authority, our competitive advantage is our Associates. Whether it's a career in retail operations, distribution management or in corporate support function at our headquarters in Denver, being part of our team means being part of a high-performance organization. Our continued success depends on the strength of Associates and prospective new team members like yourself.
Drive a high rate of sales productivity, average transaction, extended coverage plan sales and excellent customer service/customer satisfaction scores. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, product knowledge, selling techniques, and maintaining sales floor presentation and visual standards.
Drive High Levels of Customer Service
- Effectively advise and sell to customers by understanding their goals, asking appropriate questions to determine their needs, helping find the right product for them, and suggesting additional products
- Actively utilize effective selling behaviors. Embody the Sports Authority Service Competencies: Engaging, Competitive, Professional, Persuasive, and have a Passion for Sports
- Develop deep knowledge of features and benefits of products
- Understand and be knowledgeable of how to handle customer complaints
Drive efficiency and effectiveness of Operational and Customer Processes. Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction at all times.
- In a friendly and engaging manor, greet customers entering the store
- Efficiently and Effectively Assist Customers through Check-Out and Returns
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, accuracy, efficiency, and compliance to Sports Authority standards through the check-out and returns process
- Answer store phones courteously and within three rings.
- Possess sales skills necessary to sell add-on merchandise and service plans
- Advise Customers
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Assist the company in complying with all federal and state laws regarding price integrity within the store. Price integrity refers to the accuracy of pricing on all merchandise offered for sale, including advertised and unadvertised items, regular priced items and all signing within the store. This well organized and task oriented individual will oversee the coordination and execution of price audits.