|Company||Porto's Bakery, Inc.|
|Job Title||Pastry Cook|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Location||Porto's Bakery Downey |
8233 Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA 90241
Voted #1 on Yelp’s 2016 List of 100 Best Places to Eat in the US, Porto’s Bakery & Café now serves thousands of customers and employs hundreds of team members in Southern California with bakeries in Glendale, Burbank, Downey and now Buena Park! Apply today to join our team!
We have part time and full-time openings for Pastry Cooks. Must be able to work various shifts per week and minimum 1 year of pastry chef or decorating experience.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
The Pastry Cook is responsible for ensuring that all pastry items and products are eye appealing. All Pastry Cooks should have product knowledge and be able to identify varying pastry items by sight. A Pastry Cook must be detail oriented, a fast learner, able to work in a fast paced environment and deal effectively with customer orders in a quick and efficient manner. A Pastry Cook must be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
Essential Job Functions:
- Report to work on time and as scheduled. Ability to clock in and out correctly using our timekeeping system.
- Prepare “finished products”, making them eye appealing and suitable for guest consumption. Must have basic baking skills.
- Be a team-player, assisting co-workers whenever needed.
- Continuously take inventory of all Fancy Department prepared items and meet par levels.
- Responsible for completing “Production Sheet” indicating items produced throughout shift.
- Organize pastry items on tray for refrigeration, maximizing space restraints and rotate products to ensure maximum freshness.
- Must have proper knife handling skills and obey safety regulations.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, divide, and multiply).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment, paying attention to detail and accurately completing orders as requested. Must be able to multi-task.
- Fill pre-orders in a timely manner, such as customer cake orders.
- Have excellent time management skills and be able to prioritize.
- Ability to follow detailed written and/or verbal instructions.
- Ability to interact with customers, subordinates, and all levels of management in a positive and effective manner.
- Abide by availability schedule and be flexible in work habits and schedule.
- And other duties as assigned
Sanitation and Safety:
- Strive to maintain a safe and clean environment in all areas of operation.
- Must be aware of sanitation regulations, abiding by established procedures and guidelines.
- Contribute to maintaining a consistent “A” grading from the health department throughout the year. Ways to do this include washing and sanitizing hands and tools/machinery throughout the work shift and abiding by “temperature danger zone”.
Physical Demands of the Job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, to handle, feel or take hold of objects, and to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or bend. Must be able to work in varying temperatures ranging from 0° to 90° due to entering refrigerated areas and working near ovens. The employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs.