|Company||Porto's Bakery, Inc.|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Location||Porto's Bakery Downey |
8233 Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA 90241
HIRING EVENT ON 09/25/2019 FROM 10AM TO 3PM
8233 Firestone Blvd. Downey, CA. 90241
Voted #1 on Yelp’s 2016 List of 100 Best Places to Eat in the US, Porto’s Bakery & Café now serves thousands of customers and employs hundreds of team members in Southern California with bakeries in Glendale, Burbank, Downey and now Buena Park! Apply today to join our team!
We have part time and full-time openings for our Busser department. Must be able to work various shifts per week and minimum 1 year of Busser experience.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
The Table Server/Busser is responsible for providing a safe and clean environment for our customers. A Table Server/Busser must also set excellent standards, be detail oriented, have in-depth knowledge of all price and menu items and must be able to interact with customers, subordinates, and all levels of management in a positive, professional, efficient manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Report to work on time and as scheduled. Must be able to clock in & out correctly on a daily basis
- Ability to work in fast paced, high volume environment, meeting customer demands in an accurate and timely fashion. Must be able to multi-task.
- Perform all maintenance duties such as, buss tables, clean restrooms, and dispose of waste.
- Must know and understand “radio codes” such as Code 1, referring to spills or clutter and must tend to these areas immediately in order to prevent customer and/or employee accidents. Must be proactive when it comes to safety.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, especially when delivering food/beverages to tables. Also by offering to and/or carrying customer orders to their car.
- Have in-depth menu knowledge and must be able to answer all guest questions with accuracy and tact. Must also be able to offer suggestions when needed.
- Have excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Consistently follow the established “Five Steps to Excellent Service”.
- Consistently meet all established time goals.
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
- Be a team-player, assisting co-workers whenever needed.
- Assist in the training and development of new hires.
- And other duties as assigned.
Sanitation and Safety:
- Strive to maintain a safe and clean environment in all areas of operation especially public areas.
- Contribute to maintaining a consistent “A” grading from the health department throughout the year. Ways to do this include washing and sanitizing hands before returning to work area and continuously throughout the work shift.
Physical Demands of the Job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, to handle, feel or take hold of objects, and to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, & stoop, kneel or bend. The employee may be required to lift up to 20 lbs.