|Company||Porto's Bakery, Inc.|
|Job Title||Retail Support|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Location||Porto's Bakery Glendale |
315 N. Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91203
Voted #1 on Yelp’s 2016 List of 100 Best Places to Eat in the US, Porto’s Bakery & Café now serves thousands of customers and employs hundreds of team members in Southern California with bakeries in Glendale, Burbank, Downey and Buena Park! Apply today to join our team!
We have part time and full-time openings for our Retail Support department at our Glendale location. Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Responsible for maintaining showcase full and clean. All bakery items should be organized in an eye-appealing way. Product should be labeled. Employee will be working closely with others. This requires teamwork, cooperation, patience, customer service skills, and a sense of urgency. From time to time employee may be asked to assist the Oven department with pre-packing customer orders.
Essential Job Functions
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Maintain showcases full, clean, eye-appealing, and properly labeled at all times.
- Assisting FOH staff in completing customer orders by providing them with needed items quickly.
- Assist in the completing of pre-orders. Must be able to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to package and arrange products according to company standards.
- Ability to follow detailed written and/or verbal instructions.
- Have a complete understanding of the “temperature danger zone” including knowing how long a product can remain exposed before quality is compromised.
- Ability to perform basic quality control functions to ensure quality standards are met
- Be team-player and able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment, paying attention to detail and accurately completing orders as requested. Must be able to multi-task and gauge which products are running low so that showcase can be replenished.
- Be self motivated and have excellent organization and communication skills.
- Present a professional neat image and abide by company dress code including the use of slip resistant safety shoes.
- Have excellent time management skills
- Abide by availability schedule and be flexible in work schedule.
- And other duties as assigned
Sanitation and Safety:
- Strive to maintain a safe and clean environment in all areas of operation.
- Must be aware of sanitation regulations, abiding by established procedures and guidelines. Must have complete and full understanding of “temperature danger zone”.
- Contribute to maintaining a consistent “A” grading from the health department throughout the year. Ways to do this include washing and sanitizing hands throughout the work shift.
Physical Demands of the Job:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, to handle, feel or take hold of objects, and to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk (approximately 10 yards) while carrying a tray (may weigh up to 5lbs) on an as needed basis, and to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, or bend. Employee must be able to work in varying temperatures ranging from 60° to 90° due to working near ovens. Employee is also required to work with hot and cold products on a daily basis.