|Company||Porto's Bakery, Inc.|
|Job Title||Cake Decorator|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Location||Porto's Bakery Glendale |
315 N. Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91203
At Porto's Bakery we strive to create an enjoyable and fulfilling experience for our customers and our team. Enjoy a career enriched with opportunities where you can grow in a fast-paced and family friendly environment. Together, let’s savor the taste of an accomplished future.
We have part-time and full-time openings for Cake Decorators at our Glendale location. Must be able to work various shifts per week, and have at least 1-year of cake decorating experience to be considered.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Essential Job Functions:
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Responsible for finishing the decoration of preordered cakes and cakes for the showcase according to company specifications. Cake Decorator ices cake and finishes top decoration.
- Is required to gather all necessary ingredients in order to accomplish work duties. Should bring supplies, for example, chocolate, nuts, strawberries to work station in order to maximize time.
- Is required to follow pars list in order to organize workload and use time efficiently.
- Be able to follow detailed written and verbal instructions with regards to preordered cakes. For example, if a customer requests a certain color or specific decoration, the order must be followed as requested. Cake decoration must match the picture shown to the customer at time of purchase.
- Have knowledge of stacker and icing responsibilities and be able to perform duties in an emergency situation.
- Ability to creatively design, draw, and interpret “special order” cakes.
- Have a complete understanding of the “temperature danger zone” including knowing how long a product can remain exposed before quality is compromised.
- Responsible for rotating all products on a first in/first out basis to maintain product freshness and eliminate unnecessary spoilage.
- Know how to safely and properly clean and operate food processor and Hobart mixers.
- Perform basic quality control functions to ensure quality standards are met
- Be able to work in a fast paced high volume environment, paying attention to detail.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Present a professional neat image and abide by company dress code.
- Flexible in work habits and work schedule. Must abide by availability schedule. Shift hours may vary. May be required to work early morning hours such as 12am-9am.
- And other duties as assigned
Sanitation and Safety:
- Strive to maintain a safe and sanitary environment in all areas of operation.
- Must be aware of sanitation regulations, abiding by established procedures and guidelines. Must have complete and full understanding of “temperature danger zone”.
- Contribute to maintaining a consistent “A” grading from the health department throughout the year.
Physical Demands of the Job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, to handle, feel or take hold of objects, and to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or bend. Employee must be able to work in varying temperatures ranging from 0° to 90° due to entering refrigerated areas and working near ovens. The employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
The responsibilities and duties of the Cake Decorator are not limited to the above and may include other duties as required.