|Company||Porto's Bakery, Inc.|
|Job Title||Sales Associate/ Customer Service|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Location||Porto's Bakery Burbank |
3614 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
Sales Associate/ Customer Service
Voted #1 on Yelp’s 2016 List of 100 Best Places to Eat in the US, Porto’s Bakery & Café now serves thousands of customers and employs hundreds of team members in Southern California with bakeries in Glendale, Burbank, Downey and Buena Park! Apply today to join our team!
We have part-time and full-time openings for Sales Associates at our Burbank location. Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
The Sales Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all our valued guests. All Sales Associates should have in depth menu knowledge and should be able to answer all guest questions with accuracy, courtesy and professionalism. A Sales Associate is always cheerful and interacts with customers in a positive manner. They are detail oriented, a fast learner, and able to work in a fast paced environment. A Sales Associate must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative and must have excellent listening skills. All Sales Associates will be required to pass a menu exam after completing the training period. The Sales Associate should be the driver assisting guests with their purchase in an efficient orderly manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Report to work on time & as scheduled. Must be able to clock in & out correctly on a daily basis
- Consistently follow the established “Five Steps to Excellent Service”. (Look at me, Smile at me, Talk to me, Listen to me, Thank me). Sales Associates must greet and assist customers with a smile.
- Have in-depth product and price knowledge and must be able to answer all guest questions with accuracy. After completion of training must pass menu exam.
- Collect items that customer requests. This may be from the showcase or from the back area. Properly box and bag purchased items.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, completing customer orders in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Have excellent communication and active listening skills. Giving full attention to what the customer is saying, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Consistently meeting all established time goals. Providing excellent customer service quickly yet accurately and professionally.
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
- Be a team-player, assisting co-workers whenever needed.
- Present a professional neat image and abide by company dress code. Uniforms must be clean and wrinkle free.
- Abide by availability schedule. Must be flexible in work habits and work schedule. Hours will vary.
- And other duties as assigned
Sanitation and Safety:
Strive to maintain a safe and clean environment in all areas of operation especially public areas.
Contribute to maintaining a consistent “A” grading from the health department through out the year. Ways to do this include washing and sanitizing hands before returning to work area and continuously throughout the work shift.
Physical Demands of the Job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, to handle, feel or take hold of objects, and to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, & stoop, kneel or bend. The employee may be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
The responsibilities and duties of the Sales Associate are not limited to the above and may include other duties as required.