|Job Title||Certified Fashion Buyer|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Wages||Up to $14 per hour based on experience|
|Location||1485 S Colorado Blvd |
Denver, CO 80222
Certified Fashion Buyer
Plato's Closet is all about being fashion savvy and shopping smart. We're part of a nationwide unique recycling retail store specializing in clothes for teens and twenty somethings — we buy and sell the latest looks in clothing and accessories from the hottest brand name designers for girls and guys.
Master Certified Buyer
The position of Maser Certified Buyer is crtical to the Plato's Closet process. This position will be responsible for:
- Sorting through customer items and buying gently-used teen/20's clothing and accessories for men and women.
- Maintaining strict adherence to our age, condition, and style guidelines and inventory needs when making customer purchase decision.
- Working in a quick and effecient manner to meet customer turn-around times.
- Pricing items consistently and fairly in our POS system so that our customers feel they received a fair price for them while not being too high that other customers will not buy them.
- Staying up to date on the latest teen/20s fashion trends.
- Achieving and maintaining Master Certification status within 120 days of hire.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
The applicant must love fashion and have at least three years of relevant retail experience in the clothing industty. Cadidate will be responsible for monthly mall visits and reports on such vists to ensure their knowledge on the latest fashions is up to date.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Acts in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner toward customers and co-workers at all times.
- Exerts high degree of energy and drive to meet customer demands.
- Performs effectively and safely in an environment where there is constant change and minimal direct supervision.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask and handle many projects at once.
- Capable of making quick and appropriate decisions.
- Takes action to meet customer needs.
- Can anticipate bottlenecks in service and acts to resolve them.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to communicate viewpoints and concerns to fellow employees and managers in a constructive manner
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to lift and/or push up to 40 lbs. without assistance. May involve heavier lifting with assistance of team member or cart/dolly.
- Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving, pricing and stocking merchandise.
- Exposure to typical retail environment conditions and noise levels.
- Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
- Must love fashion and shopping and keep current on the latest teen/20s styles, trends, and brands.