|Company||Porto's Bakery, Inc.|
|Job Title||Cake Decorator|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Location||Porto's Bakery Burbank |
3614 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
At Porto's Bakery we strive to create an enjoyable and fulfilling experience for our customers and our team. Enjoy a career enriched with opportunities where you can grow in a fast-paced and family friendly environment. Together, let’s savor the taste of an accomplished future.
We have part-time and full-time openings for Cake Decorators. Must be able to work various shifts per week, and have at least 1-year of cake decorating experience to be considered.
The Decorator assists the decorating department in completing all showcase pre-orders and daily production. The Decorator is responsible for meeting all company decorating requirements and ensuring quality standards are met. Employee is responsible for meeting deadlines and daily pars.
Here are the minimum Requirements:
- Be able to follow detailed written and verbal instructions with regards to preordered cakes. For example, if a customer requests a certain color or specific decoration, the order must be followed as requested. Cake decoration must match the picture shown to the customer at time of purchase.
- Have a complete understanding of the “temperature danger zone” including knowing how long a product can remain exposed before quality is compromised.
- Know how to safely and properly clean and operate food processor and Hobart mixers.
- Be able to work in a fast paced high volume environment, paying attention to detail.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Present a professional neat image and abide by company dress code.
- Flexible in work habits and work schedule. Shift hours may vary.
- Must be able to multi-task and have excellent time management skills.
- Must be certified in Safe Food Handling with an understanding of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Ability to maintain high levels of food quality, hygiene, and consistency (fresh products, safe foods, recipe adherence, cleanliness, etc.).
Physical Demands: Employees are regularly standing, walking, talking and hearing.
Benefits: Eligible employees receive:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Observed Holidays*
- Paid Sick Days
- Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts
*Holidays observed, Memorial Day, The Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Porto's Bakery truly believes that the secret to our success lies in the hands of the people we employ. If you are a person seeking to work at a place that is growing, exciting, fun, and family oriented, then Porto's Bakery, Inc. is where you want to be!
Porto's Bakery is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old