It’s time to turn those sales skills inside out. Sell your value by presenting your own features and benefits in a great salesperson resume.
Retail Sales Associate Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
The more skills from experience, the better. Duties from related jobs count as well:
- Service and sales
- Product information
- Software skills
- Cash handling
Retail Sales Associate Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Talk yourself up - remember, you are the merchandise here:
- Achieving goals
- Extra commitment
- Added responsibilities
Retail Sales Associate Resume Example
Retail Sales Associate, Lit, Marshall, AL
February 2012 - Present
- Retail sales and service: Full-time retail sales associate, providing friendly guidance and service in upscale lighting retail store. Responsible for helping both walk-in and appointment customers with single lighting purchases or whole-house lighting plans, and referring homeowners to preferred technicians.
- Product guidance: Learn specs and applications for display and special order items; review catalog releases to maintain knowledge of available products and manufacturer styles.
- Lighting software: Utilize Light Chart design software to layout lighting plans based on customer measurements, needs, and desired effects.
- Tested and implemented selling steps process to increase walk-in conversions by 20% (2013 over 2012).
- Volunteered to work local and neighboring city home show booths. Handled transporting, assembly, and takedown of vignettes; greeted attendees and presented event promo; answered questions about display and available services; scheduled consultations.
- Assigned cash register open and close duties, including nightly bank deposit.
According to Merriam Webster, a barista is "someone who makes and serves coffee and coffee drinks…" Clearly, neither Merriam nor Webster is familiar with the tact and dedication necessary when facing the caffeine-starved zombies of the 7:30 a.m. rush.
Barista Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
What skills have you gained in your coffee house jobs or elsewhere in the service industry?
- Coffee knowledge
Barista Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Show off your success mixing efficiency and friendly service:
- Customer loyalty
- Rave reviews
- Leadership roles
Barista Resume Example
Barista, Have You Bean, Roaster City, CA
July 2013 - Present
- Coffee preparation: Utilize knowledge of coffee drink combinations to prepare highly-specific coffee drinks; stock work stations; maintain sanitary and tidy work area.
- Cashiering: Enter drink orders into computerized cash register; handle cash and make change; process credit cards; open, close, and balance drawer.
- Customer service: Apply knowledge of bean varieties, roasts, and popular drinks to guide customers to selections, upselling where possible.
- Adept at remembering names and preferences of individual customers to provide friendly, personalized service, and in turn, built a loyal customer base.
- Awarded Barista of the Month, September through December.
- Assigned to mentor new hires and train in workflow procedures, drink preparation, beans and roasts, and sanitation.
Only your fellow nursing professionals truly get how much heart and soul you pour into your field. Managers were there once too, and will recognize that devotion when it’s woven into your nursing assistant resume.
Nursing Assistant Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Reliability and patient-care rest at the base of your skills and responsibilities:
- Patient care
- Vitals testing
- Data reporting
- Special focus
Nursing Assistant Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Your achievements help you stand out from a stack of nursing assistant job applicants:
- Improved patient experience
- Reviews and promotions
- Efficiency improvements
Nurse Resume Example
Certified Nursing Assistant, Pinecrest Rehabilitation, Forest City, MT
January 2013 - Present
- Patient Care: Nursing assistant providing compassionate care in 100-bed extended care facility. Responsibilities include daily care tasks such as mobility assistance, bathing and hygiene, meal service, and awareness of patient well being.
- Vitals: Scheduled vitals checks, including but not limited to temperature, pulse, blood pressure, pain levels, and fluid consumption.
- Electronic chart recording: Record details of individual patient duties and vitals utilizing electronic chart recording tablet application.
- Nurses Aid Certification, December 2012.
- Utilized down periods to meet patient comfort and entertainment requests; read to patients; and help patients attend and participate in group activities.
- Consistently praised by supervisors for efficiency, bedside manner, and special attention to patient activities.
Working as a cook offers a variety of job opportunities, from steady institutional positions to creative restaurant jobs. The perfectly-seasoned resume will help you find a position to suit your tastes.
Cook Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Show you have the skills to keep up in a busy kitchen:
- Food preparation
- Food safety
- Kitchen management
Cook Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Highlight culinary success and dedication:
- Leadership roles
- Positive ratings
- Kitchen updates
Cook Resume Example
Cook, Valley Community College, Willamette OR
March 2012 - Present
- Food preparation: Responsible for preparation of workstations and final dishes in college cafeteria. Duties include stocking of workstations with properly chopped, diced, sliced, etc. ingredients before open hours; production of short-ordered dishes; continual cooking and restocking of buffet items.
- Food safety: Utilize food handler training and certification to ensure safe food handling practices and kitchen sanitation.
- Kitchen management: Assigned inventory management of breakfast and salad bar items. Responsible for accurately estimating weekly ingredient needs and preparing vendor order.
- December 2013 – Food manager training certificate.
- Lead cook for breakfast short-order and lunch sandwich line. Manage two additional cooks and oversee final plate quality.
- Reorganized prep stations in my oversight areas to reduce redundancy and, in turn, wait times. Average number of diners in line reduced from 12 to 4.
Cold-calling leaves some people cold, but not you. Score your next sales job with a resume that focuses on your dedication to this career.
Sales Representative Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Your skills should indicate your knowledge of the sales cycle:
- Sales specialty
- Account acquisition
- Customer support
Sales Representative Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Show how you’ve moved accounts from prospect to profit:
- Account growth
- Goals and outcomes
- Professional networking
Sales Representative Resume Example
Sales Representative, Kodiak Controls, Davenport, IA
December 2012 - Present
- Outside sales: Provide sales representation to new and existing accounts in industrial controls manufacturer. Responsible for thorough knowledge of product applications; sales cycle from lead prospecting through close; and achieving target goals.
- Account development: Leverage professional network and market research to develop qualified leads into strong customer base. Continue to advance each relationship to maximize revenue potential and leverage referrals.
- Presentations: Research and develop compelling presentations catered to each individual account and its product needs. Present as individual or team, and loop back to account contact with advance.
- Strong track record of customer base growth. Acquired eight new top tier accounts in first year, increasing personal client list by 100%.
- Set accounts revenue increase goal of 50% in first year. Achieved 150% increase between existing and new accounts.
- Active participant in local business networks, including roles on the Davenport Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Manufacturing Committee.
Treat your career with the same care you bring to the sales floor. Build a retail manager resume full of people and organizational skills - and of course, your appreciation for the bottom line.
Retail Manager Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
List the HR, customer, and management skills that make you a great manager:
- Store management
- Human resources
- Profit and loss
Retail Manager Highlights - Success Stories
Reference achievements that showcase your proven results and knowledge of retail:
- Store updates
- Stand-out goals/outcomes
- Regional successes
Retail Manager Resume Example
Retail Manager, Cinch It, Lafayette, IN
September 2012 - present
- Retail management: Manage launch and continued operations of clothing retail chain. Duties include customer service, merchandising, seasonal display installation, inventory, and complaint resolution.
- Human resources: Hire and train sales and recovery staff. Manage fair scheduling, policy compliance, and disciplinary process. Also responsible for assigning sales quotas and assigning incentives.
- Profit & loss management: Participate in quarterly P & L call with regional manager to review, report, and adjust sales and inventory strategy accordingly.
- Transferred from Indianapolis to lead set-up, staffing, and launch of Lafayette store.
- Ranked #1 regionally in loss prevention. Implemented new recruit "values IQ" exam, reducing inventory loss by 4% in first six months.
- Surpassed first year sales goals by 18%, ranking third in midwest region launches.
Solving the equation of your bookkeeper resume is so simple. Carry the one and factor in the skills and experience that show your appreciation for accuracy.
Bookkeeper Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Show the array of skills that make you a great bookkeeper:
- Bank transactions
- File keeping
Bookkeeper Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Challenge plus outcome equals success:
- System updates
- Degrees and certification
Bookkeeper Resume Example
Bookkeeper, A-Z Customs, Santa Clarita, CA
December 2012 - Present
- Accounting: Receive account payments and distribute payables for automotive customs supplier. Record supply invoices and align with corresponding customer accounts. Track revenue and expenses to produce profit and loss reports.
- Invoicing: Initiate commercial and individual accounts to produce labor and/or inventory invoices.
- Record keeping: Responsible for accurately filing and organizing accounting, human resources, and management files.
- Updated to payroll service and transitioned staff to web timekeeping interface.
- Initiated net terms policy, dispute resolution process, statement to call to collections timeline.
- 4.0 GPA, Associates in Accounting, Buena Mesa Community College
The best restaurant jobs come to those who don’t wait…to build a top shelf resume. With so many applicants, your waiter resume may only have a few seconds to catch a busy manager’s eye.
Waiter Resume Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Show your customer service skills and understanding of the restaurant business:
- Food and beverage service
- Culinary knowledge
- Alternate positions
- Cash handling
Waiter Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Talk up the areas where you support or even stand out among your team members:
- Attention to detail
- Positive reviews
Waiter Resume Example
Waiter, Amici Grill, Saul, NJ
April 2013 - present
- Food and beverage service: Serve food and drinks at metro Italian restaurant. Responsibilities include thorough knowledge of menu and specialty dishes; balancing up to eight tables while delivering precise individual orders; totaling bills and cash handling.
- Wine pairings: Utilize knowledge of domestic and imported wine varieties to suggest appropriate food pairings.
- Backup host: Double as host on low-volume shifts. Schedule reservations, rearrange seating as necessary and seat patrons.
- Zero call-ins, personal, or sick days
- Assigned as lead waiter, responsible for training new waitstaff. Also responsible for delegating server duties for private parties.
- Consistently positive customer reviews for hospitality, accuracy, and menu knowledge.
Advance to your next sales manager job with a robust resume – It’s time to present your knowledge of every level of the sales cycle and team management.
Sales Manager Highlights - Skills and Responsibilities
Show your portfolio of sales experience as well as leadership:
- Sales supervision
- Recruitment and training
Sales Manager Assistant Resume Highlights - Success Stories
Metrics count, as you well know:
- Performance records
- Segment or regional management
- Product knowledge
Sales Manager Resume Example
Sales Manager, Scott Controls, Redmond, WA
July 2011 - Present
- Sales management: Manage sales department for Controls division of Scott Companies. Develop department sales plan, including key metrics and goals. Supervise staff in implementation of individual plans and goal accountability.
- Administration: Provide written and verbal sales reports to administration. Communicate competitive analysis and customer feedback to management team.
- Associate development: Recruit, hire, and train new sales associates. Utilize first 60 days to familiarize associate with products and sales plan through engineer/management shadowing. Assign tiered account structure of varying lead strength to build confidence while cultivating new accounts.
- Promoted to Sales Manager, July 2011. Promoted, cut, and recruited sales associates based on sales records and company core values. Implemented mentor program, semi-annual sales training, and daily stand-up metrics meetings. Department gross sales increased by 20% in 2012, 6% in 2013.
- Utilize BS in Electrical Engineering to act as sales team product specialist and liaison to product development team.
- Implemented new account development plan, utilizing targeted marketing, expo events and a metrics-based customer relationship conversion process to increase market share by 12% over two years.