Snagajob selects finalists in The Hourly Gig national music contest
Public voting open until Sept. 12
Snagajob, America’s largest hourly employment network for job seekers and employers, announced today the selection of the five finalists in The Hourly Gig contest, which invited hourly employees and job seekers to submit videos of original songs for a chance to perform at the Brantley Gilbert Innsbrook After Hours concert held at the Snagajob Pavilion in Richmond, Va., on Sept. 19, 2012. Public voting to determine the winner is open Sept. 5 – 12, 2012.
“We received about 600 video submissions from talented hourly employees and job seekers across the country performing original songs in several genres,” said Jason Hamilton, vice president of marketing for Snagajob. “This strong response confirms that there’s a lot of undiscovered talent out there working hourly jobs while they pursue life-long passions.”
Submissions were accepted online from Aug. 16 – 29, 2012, and a judging panel comprising members of the music, entertainment and hourly employment industries selected the five finalists based on each submission’s creativity, talent and entertainment value.
The five finalists in The Hourly Gig contest are:
– Everwilde – A band whose lead singer, Dan Nicholls, is a mechanic in Richmond, Va., Everwilde describes their sound as pure country, influenced by Southern rock and blues.
– Ben Gallaher – A landscaper in Nashville, Tenn., Gallaher balances his time among his job, his studies at Belmont University and performing his country-rock songs at various local gigs.
– Jarsi Ibanez – A cashier in Weston, Fla., Ibanez’s job gives him the flexibility to continue to perform his alternative, pop songs.
– George Taylor – A flower delivery driver and cell phone salesman in Austin, Texas, Taylor describes his style as bluesy guitar and harmonica Americana.
– Emma White – An intern in Nashville, Tenn., and a student at Belmont University, White dreams of one day performing her pop-country songs on the Grand Ole Opry stage.
Public voting to determine the winner will be open Sept. 5 – 12, 2012, at noon. Votes can be cast at www.snagajob.com/hourlygig. The winner will receive an expenses-paid trip to Richmond, Va., to perform at the Sept. 19, 2012, Brantley Gilbert Innsbrook After Hours concert, held at the Snagajob Pavilion.
For more information on The Hourly Gig or to cast a vote for the winner, visit www.snagajob.com/hourlygig.
Snagajob, the largest hourly employment network for job seekers and employers, is the only company to provide both sourcing and talent management solutions to the hourly industry. With more than 35 million registered job seekers and the leading hourly-focused talent management system, Snagajob has been serving hourly workers and those who employ them since 2000. Headquartered in Richmond, Va., Snagajob has been named the No. 1 Best Small Company to Work for in America by the Great Place to Work Institute. To find out more, visit www.snagajob.com and www.snagajob.com/employer-solutions.